Heloc charged off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heloc charged off

We filed chapter 13 and it was completed in 2014, we continued to pay our first and our heloc. The heloc is with Wells Fargo, in 2012 Wells Fargo charged off the heloc. We continued to make payments until 2017 when I had a massive stroke and will never walk again. We have heard nothing from Wells Fargo until yesterday, we received a notice from Wells Fargo, it is a Substitution of Trustee and Full Reconveyance. Does this mean they are foreclosing? Any help is appreciated.

A reconveyance is usually when they are removing the Trustee from a Deed of Trust and "re-conveying" the property back to the actual owner, you. You'll have to see if they filed a satisfaction of the mortgage. Perhaps they are letting the property go.

This could also happen if you refinance, but I think this may just be Wells saying that they are transferring full property rights back to you. I had a Deed of Trustee in N.C. and that was the procedure.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think I was confused as they transferred the trustee from one Wells Fargo to another. So I hope that is what it means.

Comment

Well, if they did transfer the Trustee's name to yours, then it could be an issue. I know that in my N.C. case they did the same but transferred it to another Trustee in order to foreclose. I included that property in my bankruptcy and they were doing all their paperwork to sell the property.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

• gpolly123
          gpolly123 commented
          Editing a comment
          They transferred the trustee from Minneapolis to Los Ángeles. We have never received a Notice of a default. My husband thinks they removed the lien

Could just be consolidation of where they manage things. In other words, it could be routine for Wells Fargo.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X