Need to be a depression/stress forum section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to be a depression/stress forum section

Hi folks. So far, this site has been a god send. I have already learned to prepare myself for a coming judgement and I should be judgement proof as far as I can tell. The one thing that has been very tough about this is the mental depression and stress. Ever since I got my summons I have been so depressed at night time. I am a single man with custody of two kids. One thing I miss about marriage was that you had someone to go through the bad times with, someone to share the pain with, someone to comfort and to get comfort from. One thing I noticed was that there is no section on the forum just for the stress/depression of judgem,ents, forclosures and BK. So far this has been the toughest part of dealing with this stuff, the frustration and depression it causes. I am hoping that the forum caretaker can install a section for this part of the equation, so that folks just feeling depressed will have a section to talk with others in.

I am so happy I found this forum.

Jeff

Have you looked into counseling offered by SSD, SSI, or Medicare? I would hope something is available for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      Have you looked into counseling offered by SSD, SSI, or Medicare? I would hope something is available for you.
      No, I have only been feeling like this I got the summons. For some reason, I am paralyzed with fear and anxiety--at night time, mostly. It does seem to be getting better, but I can't seem to put my finger on what is causing the anxiety.

Sometimes I think it is a guilt feeling because I feel like I have gotten my kids into this mess. I notice I have been clinging to my kids a lot over the last few nights, and not wanting to be alone. Then I think it's fear that these folks have interfered in my private life, but I know I am the one who brought it on myself, but I still feel violated somehow.

That's what's bugging me, it's that I can't seem to put my finger on what it is about this situation that is causing me such pain and fear. It could be embarrassment that my name has to be called out in court in a small town, where people might know me. I seem to be very weepy at night. I guess this feels more like fear inside, and I can't figure out why. I am basically judgement proof, SSI, the checks coming to my mailbox, no assets that won't fit in the exemptions, really nothing a judgement can do to me at this point in my life. Even if they were to send the sheriff out to my home to rummage through my stuff, I should be able to get everything in under my exemptions.

So, really, I can't understand why I am feeling like this, but it sure is nice to have folks to talk to on this forum during this time. That's why I was thinking that it would be great to have a section on the forum devoted to the stress/fear part of all this, which for me is the hardest part of it.

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

You owe it to your kids to get help as soon as possible. Depression is a serious illness. You've been crying and struggling for days now. Contact your local SSA department for some resources. Your children may also need counseling. Be as strong as you can, but lean on people who are there for you like family, friends, and professionals. They'll help your family.

Comment

Grace you are a real sweety. Thanks for being concerned. Just being able to come here and talk has helped a lot. I will check into what you said. Hanging with my daughter tonight has made me feel much better. She is eleven and she put on some of her music and sang and danced for me. She made me feel much better. It's getting easier day after day.

Jeff

Originally posted by Grace View Post
          You owe it to your kids to get help as soon as possible. Depression is a serious illness. You've been crying and struggling for days now. Contact your local SSA department for some resources. Your children may also need counseling. Be as strong as you can, but lean on people who are there for you like family, friends, and professionals. They'll help your family.

Comment

Hi. Jeff, hope you are feeling better. Have had company for the holidays so haven't done much research on your subject. I go back to work Monday. Hope you are able to "chill out" this weekend and try not to worry too much. It will all work out. You are on the right track to take care of your situation. You have friends here now.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              Hi. Jeff, hope you are feeling better. Have had company for the holidays so haven't done much research on your subject. I go back to work Monday. Hope you are able to "chill out" this weekend and try not to worry too much. It will all work out. You are on the right track to take care of your situation. You have friends here now.
              Thanks Cindy, you are a good friend to have. This place is great. yeah, I am feeling better about it all. Every night is getting just a bit better.

Jeff

Comment

What you need to do is to get active. Yes, physical exercise. Take your children to the park and just jog and run about. Get the blood flowing and the hearts pounding and your lungs filled with fresh air. I don't know where you are. But I hope the weather there is nice enough for an outing with your children.

You will be surprised at how much better you will feel afterward.

Comment

Hi Jeff0633. Just wanted to let you know that there used to be a huge thread on depression and bankruptcy. Seriously, it was huge and ALOT of people have went through the exact same feelings you are feeling right now. Problem is a troll came in and ruined the thread and it had to get deleted. Please know that you are not alone in feelings of depression through this. It's hard, it's embarresing, it's humbling, it's just plain awful. Many people consider using an antidepressant for a short period of time and it has helped. Others have found help by just coming here and venting and others have found help through talking to a friend or family member, if your lucky you may have all of the above.

Good luck on how your feeling. Your not alone.
                  Filed: 08/09/06
                  341: 09/18/06
                  Discharged: 11/22/06
                  Closed 11/30/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X