discharged and closed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharged and closed!!!

So I am finally done with this ordeal! I am so excited!!!!

I have a question, though...Now that I have the court order in hand, how do I use this to get 2 judgments vacated? I can't really afford to pay my attorney more money to do this for me, so does anyone here know what steps I would take to get these two items listed as included in bankruptcy?
    Filed 9/20/07
    341 on 10/26/07
    awaiting discharge 12/26/07 (best Christmas present of all!)

Congratulations on your discharge and closing! Woo hoo!! Welcome to your fresh new financial start!

You need to file a motion with the court to have the two judgments vacated. Does your lawyer have a paralegal who could help you get the right forms for your court and help you fill them out? That would cost less than your lawyer doing it.

Another option is to check with your local bk court. Some provide help for filers who want to do their bankruptcy or related legal work without a lawyer. Maybe yours is one of the pro se (without a lawyer) friendly ones.
    Last edited by lrprn; 12-29-2007, 01:28 PM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I called our small claims court about this very thing. (district court) The clerk had me bring in my BK papers and the matrix showing that creditor being listed. She made copies of my case number and the creditor and told me that my judgement would be changed to IIB/zero liability on my credit report. It was not attached to any secured property. I contacted my mortgage guy and he told me that vacating it was not necessary as long as was stated on credit report IIB. So call your small claims court first and see what they require to vacate or to show zero liability. It could save you some $$ in attorney fees.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X