• Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad to hear!!!
    Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
    Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Congratulations my friend. Onward and Upward from here.

I'm in LA too. Will file soon.

Comment

Thanks to all for the congrats and comments!

This is one of the best forums on the internet, bar none.
        I participate in many and most are full of people fighting and calling each other names and people being rude in general.
        It's a breath of fresh air to come here where people are nice, and care about each other.

We got our "Closed", too and now it's just a matter of my wife getting a good job and me getting more hours at work (or finding a better job) and then saving saving saving!
        <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
        FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Pakettle, I sent you a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
            an attorney who screwed up my petition and didn't show up to my 341 .
            Wow, I thought we were the only unlucky people that happened to. How did your trustee handle it? Ours was really angry. He refused to talk to us without an attorney and told us to sit and wait until everybody else had gone. He ended up asking another lawyer who had 3 different clients there that day to sit in for our attorney. I think he was a friend of the trustee and as luck would have it he was a friend of our attorney as well.

There was an error on our paperwork, and it had something to do with our house. I forget what it was exactly, but the attorney that filled in took care of calling our attorney and telling him what had to be amended. I would hate to have been the next person our lawyer represented at their 341 meeting. In the end it all worked out, but it made an already stressful situation even more stressful. Guess which attorney we recommend to people that are thinking about bankruptcy?

Congrats on your discharge!! It really is a great feeling.

Comment

Pa, Congrats.. I wanted to be the first one to congratulate you, but I am sorry I couldn't. But I am sure you know how happy I am for you.
              You have been one of the best here for me. You have read my questions (and whines) and worries and have answered them so much in details & care and attention that now I feel kind of sad that you won't be cheking in here anymore. But thats ok, I guess. I am happy for you and your family and wish the best for you in your new, fresh start. Have fun with it. Break a bottle of champagne and plan for a relaxing vacation. Take care ..EJ
              I am NOT an attorney, anything I say here is not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
                But still, like I always say, "it ain't over til it's over!", so I am very relieved to have this be OVER!

That was fast. It seems like just yesterday you went to the 341. I must have been away when it was OVER. Much congratulations to you & to yours

Comment

WTG!

Now go relax a little.........................
                  Filed August 15th 2008
                  Discharged:12/08/2008
                  Closed: 2/23/2009

Comment

Congratulations
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations Pa!!

I just wanted to say thanks and CONGRATULATIONS Pa! Reading your posts this past year has been a huge help and comfort to us all. More than you'll probably ever know.

Go be happy! I wish you and your family all that will bring you joy, peace, health and prosperity. Please stay in touch!!
                        5/2008 - Filed Ch. 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X