Can you believe it???!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you believe it???!!

<<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Right!

Yes, folks, good things DO come to those who wait... and wait... and wait...!!!

Our DISCHARGE was FINALLY posted! Jeez, I thought it was never going to come! While others had their's posted on the 61st day or 65th day and so forth, our's took over 90 days!

I guess this just goes to show, that if you live in a big city or area where there are an unusually large number of bankruptcies (and/or an area with lazy Trustees and Clerks!?), it might take quite a bit longer than the "usual 60-70 days" after the 341 for your case to get Discharged.

Since I heard from someone else here on the forum who also filed in L.A. district and whose case also took over 90 days to get Discharged, I had faith that our's would come somewhere around 30-35 days after the 60 day wait was up. Since we had no objections I was pretty sure that would be the case. But still, like I always say, "it ain't over til it's over!", so I am very relieved to have this be OVER!

Anyway, I want to thank ALL of you here who have supported me in this, answered ALL my questions and issues over the past 6 months or so and generally held my hand through this! Thanks for "being there" for me, and all the others here who I know appreciate your diligent efforts as much as I do!
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>

Comment

OMG...I won the pool!

Good for you Pa...I am so glad to finally hear it!

But now what will we do for suspense, hmmm?

ep
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

745 posts of fretting, and yet, here you are, discharged

congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
          745 posts of fretting, and yet, here you are, discharged

congrats.
          Quite a few were fretting, that's for sure.
          I have to defend myself somewhat though and say that at least some of those posts (more recently anyway) were answering questions and helping others not to fret...

You gotta admit, I had some reason to fret:
          mixed up social security number on my credit reports and credit applications, a lot of cash advances, an attorney who screwed up my petition and didn't show up to my 341 nor answer phone calls regarding the need for an amended petition, the US Trustee asking questions at our 341... there were a lot of issues!

Anyway, thanks to you and all who had the patience and knowledge to answer all my worrisome questions!

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
            told ya!!!!! you have came so far from your numrous att consults to discharge... Congrads
            *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
            *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
            *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
            TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

CONGRATS PA KETTLE!
              Filed 01/31/08
              341 03/10/08:
              Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
              DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

Comment

Congrats Pa Kettle.

Please do continue to help folks here with your insight!
                pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                filed ch7 6-12
                341 7-25
                Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

PaKettle - it looks like I am going to win!. It will be 120 days before I can even START saying "what happened to my discharge". Reminds me of the guy running the marathon who finished 4 hours after everyone else and exclaimed "I won! I ran longer than anybody else!"

Anyway, Congratulations big time, my friend! I can only imagine how you feel! Now get on with your life, but don't forget those of us that are still walking "this" road!

Hey, I just had a thought. If it is taking that long to get the paperwork done in your district, maybe you could go apply for a job and help them get caught up!

Comment

YAY! I'm so happy for you!
                    11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!!
                      CJ
                      341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
                      60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

Comment

Congratulations!!!! I've always enjoyed your posts especially the pre-filing posts.
                        It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

PaKettle - HOLY CRAP!!!!
                          Very excited for you! Very good timing to spend the weekend.
                          CONGRATS!! I am still sitting on the shelf waiting out the 60days.

Thing is, I was more worried about your discharge than mine
                          Filed: 01/23/08
                          341 Meeting: 02/29/08
                          Discharged: 04/30/08
                          Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

Congratchamalations!!!
                            Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

congrats !

good feeling eh ? !!!

i was discharged yesterday after 217 DAYS !!!!!!!
                              SO I KNOW YOUR PAIN PA ! AND YOUR TOTAL EXCITEMENT !
                              what a releif ! good job ! way to goooooo !

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X