How much unsecured??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much unsecured??

After reading tons of posts I am curious as to how much unsecured people have, not to be nosey but I am thinking I have more than anyone I have read up on. I saw someone post the other day that had 300k but I have 481k in unsecured.....maybe this is why they are seeking judgments so much quicker than normal.
    "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
    Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
    341 Hearing March 4th 2010
    Discharged May 10th 2010

I am at a total of $361k in credit cards... We are around 60 days away from filing. Honestly I had so many cards that I never thought I owed so much until I finally took time to put every thing down in a spreadsheet. Over 100k is from a business I started which failed and the balance is from over the past 4 years ago when the company I worked for went BK and I lost my job and was not able to find a new job so I lived off of cards a while until I gave up looking for a job and decided to start my own business.

Amazing how 4 years can change everything... I was on top of the world and my first son was born and I lost my job a few weeks later. I was in a high profile job that took me almost 10 years to build myself into this type of job getting promotion after promotion in the same company. In the end I was in a high level job with no college degree. Once I lost my job it was impossible to find another job without the college degree.

Comment

I'm just shy if $336K if you include my second mortgage ($127K). Some of it, is also from cram-downs of other secured debt. It adds up quickly!!!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

97K unsecured 21 cards
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

128K unsecured 15 cards

Comment

75k credit card (not including mortgage 260k)...it makes me crazy to think that a little over a year ago, I had a zero balance on my cc
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I know 2 years ago I had zero balances as well. 750k for my home 2 rental properties at 140k and 481k in unsecured on about 20 different lines. I will be going chp 7 but I wish I could do 13 so I could get rid of my 2nd at 175k..
              Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

79k on unsecured cc's...been playing the cc game for so many years now I cant remember when I was debt free...I do remember about 4 years ago I only had 4k on my cc's..plans were to be debt free come Jan...that Jan never came.
                move over this boat is getting full....

Comment

Is the huge amounts business related? Did they include a house? Is it CC only?

Comment

The 481k is business related the 750k is a 1st and 2nd on my home not business related. The other 140k is 2 rental properties that I bought out of state.
                    Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

45K consolidation loan, 36K 2 cc's. 17K HELOC.

15K of it was for getting a small business started. Hoping I can save that part of it.

BG

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X