2nd mortgage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd mortgage question

I have a 1st mortgage with countrywide fro $319,000 and a second with my credit union for $75,000. Just got my house appraised and it came in at $285,000. Is there a way I can get rid of the 2nd and include it in the Chapter 7.
    Retained Lawyer 10/3/08
    Filed Chapter 7 11/25/08
    Equifax 536 on 11/25/08, Equifax 571 on 03/11/09
    Discharged 03/11/09

Originally posted by tazzy20176 View Post
    I have a 1st mortgage with countrywide fro $319,000 and a second with my credit union for $75,000. Just got my house appraised and it came in at $285,000. Is there a way I can get rid of the 2nd and include it in the Chapter 7.
    I'm doing what is called a "strip-off" in my Chapter 13 right now. I just sent in my motions two days ago.

Having wrote that. strip-offs are not possible in a Chapter 7. We Chapter 13 folks get to use 11 USC 506(d) to do our strip-offs (lien strips).

(I keep correcting myself. However, I don't think a lien strip or "strip off" is available to use in a Chapter 7. A "strip-off" is different than a "strip down". I need to use the correct terminology!)
    Last edited by justbroke; 10-08-2008, 12:30 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'll just add that even for Chapter 13 debtors, this seems to vary by District (actually, by Circuit Court of Appeals). There are some very friendly Districts (11th Circuit) that do these without batting an eyelash in a Chapter 13 preceding.

I have read here, and elsewhere, that strip-offs even for Chapter 13 debtors are met with frustration in other U.S. Districts.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by tazzy20176 View Post
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by biotechsolution View Post
          No.
          I talk to much.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I talk to much.
            I don't think so, it's nice that you explained the alternative, which is what I'd've done, lol... if it weren't totally redundant.
            Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
            Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
            60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Do you know the difference between a "strip-down" and a "strip-off"???

Well, a "strip-down" is where you stand before the Trustee at your 341 and just start removing articles of clothing... tossing them on the "table". This should be accompanied by you yelling... "well then just take everything, why don't you".

A "strip-off" is where the Trustee and you, in an Adversarial Proceeding, challenge each other as to who could remove all articles of clothing faster.

Okay, so... I was bored.

Comment

Well, a "strip-down" is where you stand before the Trustee at your 341 and just start removing articles of clothing... tossing them on the "table". This should be accompanied by you yelling... "well then just take everything, why don't you".

A "strip-off" is where the Trustee and you, in an Adversarial Proceeding, challenge each other as to who could remove all articles of clothing faster.

Okay, so... I was bored.
                ROFL!!!!! I've missed you guys!
                Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Okay, so... I was bored.
                  Funny!!! Great laugh for starting my day!!
                  Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                  341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                  Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                  Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Good morning all!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X