2 Auto Reaffirmation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Auto Reaffirmation question

I have two cars that I need to Reaffirm. From reading through the threads I found that ride-throughs no longer exist. I wanted to reaffirm one of my autos and let the other ride-through since it has higher mileage.

Anyhow the reaffirmation paper work states the Judge has to approve the reaffirmation and make sures its not due to hardship. If I end up reaffirming both and want one car to keep way over the other should I sign that one first and wait until the end? Would that increase my chances since the judge has to approve it first?

Thanks
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

If you must reafirm, only sign the agreement for the one you wish to keep. Don't sign off on the one you'd ditch post bk.

Comment

Well I am talking in regards to keeping both, but if worst came to worst and the Judge didn't allow me to keep both I would much rather have one over the other. So does reaffirming the one you want the keep the most first help your chances in doing so, that is "if" the judge wont allow both to be kept?
      Filed 10/20/08
      Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

Mark - I had my 341 on the same day you did. My question is: did your lenders already send the reaffirmation papers to your attorney?

Our cars are financed with Mercedes Benz Financial and Wachovia. We haven't heard a thing from anyone.
        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

It is confusing, because even though the paperwork says ride-throughs are no longer allowed, they are most certainly occurring and with great frequency. Perhaps one of the more experienced mods or posters can add some detail for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark80 View Post
            I have two cars that I need to Reaffirm. From reading through the threads I found that ride-throughs no longer exist. Since when I just rode a car through and glad I did I think there are only a couple of states that you can not do I ride through.

I wanted to reaffirm one of my autos and let the other ride-through since it has higher mileage.

Anyhow the reaffirmation paper work states the Judge has to approve the reaffirmation and make sures its not due to hardship. If I end up reaffirming both and want one car to keep way over the other should I sign that one first and wait until the end? Would that increase my chances since the judge has to approve it first?

Thanks
            something new?
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I have no idea really, some threads on here state ride-throughs no longer exist since the law changes? Others say it doesn't "really" exist but yet they got away with it. My feeling is as long as your paid the banks wont want the car back. But I would like to atleast keep the one low mileage car, so I am hoping signing its reaffirmation papers first gives it the better chance to be approved.

Relief:

I have only gotten 2 out of 4 secured loan reaffirmations so far, my VW the car I want to keep has yet to send me the papers. Its financed through a credit union, so maybe it takes them longer?
              Filed 10/20/08
              Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X