top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank account statements for Floridians...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account statements for Floridians...

hi everyone,
    I think i am just going to file sometime next week. I haven't even begun to fill out a single paper but i have a nolo book and they have copies in there that I can fill out/tear out and bring to the courthouse. i just do not know how many months of bank statements i need to pull. is it something i need on the day i get my case # at the courthouse or just something i have to bring to the 341? any help would be appreciated. thank you.

If I recall, it's 1 year, I think it also (The Trustee) wants paystub for 6 months and bills for 6 months...And lots of other paperwork..Oh yeah, tax returns for the past 4 years too...

Comment

OMG seriously??????????? WOW. OK, I guess i wont be filing this week cause I dont have ANY of that stuff on hand!! i had NO IDEA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
        OMG seriously??????????? WOW. OK, I guess i wont be filing this week cause I dont have ANY of that stuff on hand!! i had NO IDEA!!!!
        There's alot of posts in the beginning of this and other sections. They're "Stickys" which are always there and can provide alot of information as to what you'll need to have and such..Yes, it's ALOT of paperwork, personally, I would rather a lawyer do it as I'm an idiot when it comes to keeping track with paper records...Or anything important for that matter.

Comment

Thank you. I will check there now. I dont have the $$ for a lawyer so its pro se for me. I am pretty much a straight ch 7/no asset so i thought it would be ok but now im sorta worried. eeek!

Comment

Don't stress, this is VERY common, just take it one page at a time..It's the biggest pile of paperwork you'll (Hopefully) ever accumulate.

From some I ehar it's an experience they'd rather never have had to go through..But "Stuff Happens" and so you just got to deal with it.

Best of luck and keep us informed..Plus ask, ask, ask questions. Many have done pro se and they came out (Nearly all of them) alive

Comment

Let's back up a bit. When you file, the only thing you need to file (if you're not filing an emergency petition), are your Schedules, Statement of Intentions, certificate of debtor education, 60 days of paystubs and last year's tax return. That is what you are required to file with the Court.

Now comes the Trustee. The Trustee may want anywhere from 3 to 6 months (and sometimes more) of Bank Statements, proof of insurance for vehicles and homes, last 3 years (or more) of tax returns, and any additional document or documents they feel necessary to process your case.

Generally, the Trustee assigned will have a website and it will contain a checklist of what you need to provide. You'll need to provide it real quick too, as some want the documents 7 days BEFORE the scheduled 341.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                Let's back up a bit. When you file, the only thing you need to file (if you're not filing an emergency petition), are your Schedules, Statement of Intentions, certificate of debtor education, 60 days of paystubs and last year's tax return. That is what you are required to file with the Court.

Now comes the Trustee. The Trustee may want anywhere from 3 to 6 months (and sometimes more) of Bank Statements, proof of insurance for vehicles and homes, last 3 years (or more) of tax returns, and any additional document or documents they feel necessary to process your case.

Generally, the Trustee assigned will have a website and it will contain a checklist of what you need to provide. You'll need to provide it real quick too, as some want the documents 7 days BEFORE the scheduled 341.
                Thanks JB, I was going off what I have been hearing from lawyers (In regards to some cases) and this may be they just want all "bases covered" in case trustee wants more paperwork.

I'd be wearing a major set of depends, were I to file "Pro Se" then a double set upon entering court

and trying to get those 3 years taxes are a *itch when you find the company you worked for, closed shop and nobody knows where they sent the documents...Guess I'll hit main office in NY..And I'm on the other side of the nation...

Comment

Originally posted by Genenco View Post
                  Thanks JB, I was going off what I have been hearing from lawyers (In regards to some cases) and this may be they just want all "bases covered" in case trustee wants more paperwork.

I'd be wearing a major set of depends, were I to file "Pro Se" then a double set upon entering court

and trying to get those 3 years taxes are a *itch when you find the company you worked for, closed shop and nobody knows where they sent the documents...Guess I'll hit main office in NY..And I'm on the other side of the nation...
                  Yes. A lawyer is going to ask for tons of paperwork, that's not technically required for "filing". They may be required by the Trustee only.

Even with that, the Trustee will vary what types of documents they want based on your general case. What ha been posted in this thread is generally what's asked for. However, you could be asked for more or less.

In any way, it won't be the Court asking for them. it will be the Trustee, or the Creditors. It's always good to give your lawyer all he wants, so he doesn't keep have to asking you for documents as they are requested

On an aside... getting prior tax returns are very very very very very simple. You file with the IRS for a Transcript of the prior years. They'll even send you "W-2s" as well. You can even call them and get the transcripts. If you're actually trying to hunt down an H&R Block type company... forget it. It's just tooooo easy to just ask the IRS!
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

On an aside... getting prior tax returns are very very very very very simple. You file with the IRS for a Transcript of the prior years. They'll even send you "W-2s" as well. You can even call them and get the transcripts. If you're actually trying to hunt down an H&R Block type company... forget it. It's just tooooo easy to just ask the IRS!
                    Well, that's good to know...Of course, still have to contact former company. Cashed out 401 K, got hit with taxes and hoping I could recover some of that for filing...Came out of Employee retirment section, so on to the envelopes.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. If I file this week, do I have to turn in 2007 or 2008 tax return? I will file before the new year but wont have my 341 or be discharged till 09. Do you know?? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
                        Thank you so much for your help. If I file this week, do I have to turn in 2007 or 2008 tax return? I will file before the new year but wont have my 341 or be discharged till 09. Do you know?? Thank you!
                        You file the tax return, for the tax year prior to filing. So that would be your 2007 tax return.

Having wrote that, the Trustee may require you to file and submit your 2009 tax return to her after you file your 2009 Taxes. Generally, the Trustee wants a copy of the return by April 30th.

Comment

Bee, I am filing in FL and the forms my Attorney sent ask for 6 months of pay stubs, bank account statements and brokerage statements.

Good luck - jb
                          jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                          Filed - 2/27/09
                          341 - 4/3/09
                          Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Thanks Jeb I really appreciate it.

Comment

You file the tax return, for the tax year prior to filing. So that would be your 2007 tax return.

Having wrote that, the Trustee may require you to file and submit your 2008 tax return to her after you file your 2008 Taxes. Generally, the Trustee wants a copy of the return by April 30th.
                              I correcetd my Statement above. It's the 2008 taxes, filed in 2009.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X