top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does moving/relocation affect Ch. 7??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does moving/relocation affect Ch. 7??

I have a scheduled 341 on Dec. 30.

Currently, I am unemployed and don't see a lot of job prospects in this area.

Is there any problem with moving after my 341??

Thanks.

it should not be a problem I moved 3 states away i just emailed my lawyer my new address.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Same here And my lawyer just asked if we had a forward. And wished us well as he thought it a great idea!

TEW, how's it going?

OP, good luck, we are looking for jobs too.
      Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
      341 Oct 8 2008
      Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BROKENN View Post
        Same here And my lawyer just asked if we had a forward. And wished us well as he thought it a great idea!

TEW, how's it going?

OP, good luck, we are looking for jobs too.
        But you would still have to drive back for your 341 and anything else reagarding the bk, correct?

I ask because we are thinking of moving to another state in Feb. We will be filing in Feb also before we move. I am hoping it does not affect the bk

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
          But you would still have to drive back for your 341 and anything else reagarding the bk, correct?

I ask because we are thinking of moving to another state in Feb. We will be filing in Feb also before we move. I am hoping it does not affect the bk
          You would have to come back for the 341 meeting.
          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
          341 09/17/2008
          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

You can ask to transfer your case to a new District. This is standard procedure.

However, you're moving right after filing, so this may make things more complex. I probably wouldn't move before the 341... because you'll probably have to attend the 341 in the original State (location).

It wouldn't be fair on the new Trustee.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmtrnr View Post
              I have a scheduled 341 on Dec. 30.

Currently, I am unemployed and don't see a lot of job prospects in this area.

Is there any problem with moving after my 341??

Thanks.
              Hi mgmtrnr: Once you have the 341, I don't think you will have a problem. Just make sure the court and your attorney knows your new address once you are settled.

If you are a routine case, that should be it. However, if something arises like an Adversary Proceeding, as it did with 'Hub and I, then you would have to return to appear in court.

Good luck to you in your move and job search, and Merry Christmas.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

there is no reson you can not move after you file exect to come back for your 341.
                most people know if thire case is going to have complication or not.
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  You can ask to transfer your case to a new District. This is standard procedure.

However, you're moving right after filing, so this may make things more complex. I probably wouldn't move before the 341... because you'll probably have to attend the 341 in the original State (location).

It wouldn't be fair on the new Trustee.

What about the lawyer? Would you still use the same one? Our case is already so complicated(or to me it is anyway!) that I do not want to have another thing going on...but we are being transferred to another state on the 1st of February and trying to scrape up the money to file asap. How long is the 341 meeting after you file?

Comment

Your 341 will be scheduled between 30-40 days after your filing date.
                    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
                      What about the lawyer? Would you still use the same one? Our case is already so complicated(or to me it is anyway!) that I do not want to have another thing going on...but we are being transferred to another state on the 1st of February and trying to scrape up the money to file asap. How long is the 341 meeting after you file?
                      If at all possible, file in the State you live now. Otherwise, things get complex anyhow. Since this is a Chapter 7, that is what I'd do. If you leave before the 341, you'll just have to return.

I was more thinking for a Chapter 13 where someone moved. Although you wouldn't really need to move the case, it has been done in limited circumstances. I moved within State and didn't move my case. I just travel back to the other District.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X