top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting is driving me crazy! To file or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting is driving me crazy! To file or not?

I have no advice for you since I am clueless on all this. I did however want to say I am sorry that you are having to deal with all this at the same time. Filing bk is hard enough to deal with without having all the other issues. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and your family. This is a gre site and I am sure someone will be able to help you out. Hang in there!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope that she makes a complete recovery soon! I'm with your attorney - I would wait until being sued or the medical bills stop, whichever happens first. The waiting can be hard, but sometimes just making the decision on what your game plan will be can give you some peace there.
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the support! We are taking life day by day for sure. I still would like to know how my credit rating will be affected by not filing a bankruptcy. In other words, if no creditor ever comes after us, do we even have to file, or is filing a way to 'start over' when it comes to credit and the whole rating thing.

Comment

It'll be near impossible to obtain financing with large open chargeoffs on your report. With that said, I'd just keep waiting just in case you have some really large medical bills that you can't cover.

Comment

Agreed with the last poster, you need to do something about it, unless you can just develop lots of cash reserves as time goes by.

Considering the fact that you can only be discharged in a CH. 7 every 8 years.

Use it wisely, and only file until it is absolutely positively necessary. You dont want to waste it, and then incur more debt in a few years, thus being stuck to wait to file again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X