After 341: what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 341: what to expect?

Does anything scary occur after the 341 or is that the worst of it?

Do most objections come after 341?

If the trustee says they are recommending discharge is that normal?

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
    Does anything scary occur after the 341 or is that the worst of it?
    Not usually. Are you a no asset case? Did you ahve insider or preferential payments? Usually, the Trustee would have hinted as to what they were thinking before or during the meeting.

Do most objections come after 341?
    Yep, usually.

If the trustee says they are recommending discharge is that normal?
    YES! Actually, this is the best news. It means that they don't have any problems with your petition. Now you're in the 60-Day Club!!!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Not usually. Are you a no asset case? Did you ahve insider or preferential payments? Usually, the Trustee would have hinted as to what they were thinking before or during the meeting.

Yep, usually.

YES! Actually, this is the best news. It means that they don't have any problems with your petition. Now you're in the 60-Day Club!!!
      I am a no asset. The only thing she asked about was a loan I had taken out in july for 6k. The creditor says I owe over 10 k but they tacked on future interest. I explained to her that I had two jobs at the time and then lost the second job about a month later.

That was the loan that put me over the edge and led me here actually. If only I had known I was going to lose my second job I would not have taken it and might have been able to avoid a chapter 7

Comment

I am a no asset. The only thing she asked about was a loan I had taken out in july for 6k. The creditor says I owe over 10 k but they tacked on future interest. I explained to her that I had two jobs at the time and then lost the second job about a month later.

That was the loan that put me over the edge and led me here actually. If only I had known I was going to lose my second job I would not have taken it and might have been able to avoid a chapter 7
        Oh great.. she asked about a loan done over 6 months before your file date? I'm starting to dread this whole process. Congrats on getting through your 341!

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulbk View Post
          Oh great.. she asked about a loan done over 6 months before your file date? I'm starting to dread this whole process. Congrats on getting through your 341!
          the good news is the trustee is recommending discharge.

Comment

May I ask, why did she ask about the loan? Was it on something you were reaffirming? I took out two car loans in Feb and am filing in July.....these were on used cars but still .... what were they looking for regarding your loan?
            waiting to file in july-august,
            waiting for Chase to begin foreclosure,
            waiting for cc's to begin lawsuits,
            just waiting (& "afraid")...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X