No announcement yet.

341 meeting tomorrow & so nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the paralegal did say it was ok to bring the little one, but I dunno...
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
      Oh, the paralegal did say it was ok to bring the little one, but I dunno...
      Then it must be okay for your particular District and Trustee. Our 341 Meeting location is inside the U.S. Federal Courthouse. They have rules.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

hey Bees, yes wore wedding & anniv ring. No unusual questions. Our court house has a no cell phone rule so had to run back to my car (wouldn't keep it behind the front desk) so keep that in mind. I did bring 6 mos of checking statements & my entire 60pages of schedules but trustee didn't ask for or look at any thing. Just asked qs from his laptop form. Far as having a baby there, you should call & ask the courthouse just in case. Wearing a uniform should be fine-everyone was really casual. Just be honest & if you get lost (like me) ask where the 341 meetings are. Hopefully you'll have nice courthouse ppl. They know you don't wan't to be there & today, everyone was pretty nice.

Comment

hey Bees, yes wore wedding & anniv ring. No unusual questions. Our court house has a no cell phone rule so had to run back to my car (wouldn't keep it behind the front desk) so keep that in mind. I did bring 6 mos of checking statements & my entire 60pages of schedules but trustee didn't ask for or look at any thing. Just asked qs from his laptop form. Far as having a baby there, you should call & ask the courthouse just in case. Wearing a uniform should be fine-everyone was really casual. Just be honest & if you get lost (like me) ask where the 341 meetings are. Hopefully you'll have nice courthouse ppl. They know you don't wan't to be there & today, everyone was pretty nice.

Comment

Hi and goodluck tomorrow. Everyone worries about the 341 and when you are finally done and walk away you will probably say wow I was so worried and it wasn't that bad.

As for the rings, I would not wear anything of value. You do not want to draw attention. I wore a plain 1K wedding band. No other jewerly at all.
            My purse was a cheapie too.

As for what to wear - wore business casual. It just shows respect.

Let us know how it goes. Goodluck again.

Comment

Glad it went well,
              She would of told you if chpter 7 was not possible, So much be okay.
              i KNOW YOU WILL SLEEP WELL TONIGHT.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

What about wearing jeans and a nice shirt? I don't have any dressy clothes (wear scrubs for work).
                Thoughts?

Comment

my wife and i had our 341 yesterday and IT WENT MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT!

1. it is a court/legal hearing, so would dress at least semi-professionally (imho)
                  2. it is a court/legal hearing, so wouldn't bring kids (strongly discouraged by our attorney)
                  3. took 10-15 minutes, nothing adversarial
                  4. took place in a small room. others filing were just 10 feet away and can hear everything
                  5. was offered a job by trustee due to my area of expertise (totally unexpected!)
                  6. btw, none of the creditors for any of the bk filers were present

All in the all, it the 341 was a breeze. just be honest and it really helps to get there early to see what others are going through.

good luck!
                  Filed: April 2009
                  341 Meeting: April 28, 2009
                  Discharge: July 1, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
                    What about wearing jeans and a nice shirt? I don't have any dressy clothes (wear scrubs for work).
                    Thoughts?
                    Depends on whether it's in a courthouse and the rules for that particular Federal building. Some just don't like "resort wear" and some don't like jeans either. I would check with your lawyer or find out which building it's in and find their dress code. I have seen people in scrubs in the 341 Meeting. Remember, the 341 Meeting is less formal and is more like going to a deposition than a formal Courtroom hearing.

It's not held in a courtroom. However, they tend to be in a U.S. Federal Courthouse and, as such, subject to the entry requirements of the entire building. This includes, NO CELLPHONES OR CAMERAS!!! I forgot I had my camera with me! It was not good because I was dropped off at the Courthouse! Had to walk to the nearest hotel and bribe the guy $20 to hold my junk.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My husband wore his military uniform. As far as childcare goes, I would take a friend along for the ride who can sit in the hallway with your newborn while you are in the meeting. That way you can feed when you first arrive there and before you get back in the car. I realize having to explain to a friend what you are doing isn't ideal, but it might be necessary in this case. I would ask your attorney about it to be on the safe side.

Comment

I don't know how I didn't realize this was an old post, or didn't see the second page of replies. Ignore my response.

Comment

We don't really know anyone here yet. When we need childcare my mom comes from about 3 hours away. Of course, she's going to be watching the older children so she can't come with us.

DH also doesn't want her to know.

If I put my LO in the Moby Wrap, she will sleep peacefully while we're there. I can't imagine anyone objecting to that. But I will check to make sure.
                          Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                          341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

just wanted to wish you good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X