top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how easy is it to add creditors after the 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how easy is it to add creditors after the 341 meeting?

Mine is tomorrow & my understanding is you can contonie to add until discharge.

You can continue to add so long as the creditors are afforded an opportunity to object to discharge or participate as a creditor in interest. For example, it would not be good to add them on day 59 after the 341 Meeting... since they'd have no way to contest the discharge. (Although they could ask file a complaint to determine that they weren't given enough time to respond and that the debt owed to them should not be discharged.)

You want to have your Schedules pretty solid at filing. You may make a couple of fixed at or around your 341 Meeting, but you really are increasing the changes of a complaint the closer to discharge (60 days after the first scheduled meeting of the creditors) you are.

Amending the schedules costs $26.00 each time you file an amendment. You also have to update the creditors matrix and serve the notice of bankruptcy and the petition to the newly added creditors (a service of process) or it can be kicked back by having the amendment stricken from the record. (I added that part for pro se filers because it's not so simple as just filing the amendment. Those who filed through an attorney need not worry about that, as that's the attorney's duty to serve the petition on the new creditors.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke

any thoughts on the impact these amendments have on the trustee looking for red flags?

the larger the 'correction' or amendment the more likely to be a red flag?

Comment

Originally posted by deepin View Post
        any thoughts on the impact these amendments have on the trustee looking for red flags?

the larger the 'correction' or amendment the more likely to be a red flag?
        The Trustee and creditors will look at it in context. Hopefully, they don't think that you are fraudulently trying to circumvent or "work" the system!

That's about it. The larger the correction, the more they may think that you are trying to hide something.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X