top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on how to deal with the public humiliation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MomIcantFindmy View Post
    Personally I would not bother with threatening legal action or actually going through with a lawsuit. Too much stress and potentially too much money. (And what if you lose...it can happen).
    I would start by ignoring it. If it persists or someone confronts you I would say in the most dignified manner....Yes, it was a business decision. Donald Trump, former President Bush and I all filed at one time or another, and much like them, it was a business decision. Then turn and walk away............
    If they can't rattle you...they will stop...no glory!
    I agree. 'Hub

There is 'one up' that can be done; the one who cast that first stone, run his name through PACER and remind him with a printout if he shows. You would be surprised how many people you know that have been here. PACER does not delete old files.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Ohhhhh I like the Pacer idea!!! Plus you could run it under search ALL records. You could potentially find out your harasser has a criminal record. Awesome idea!!!
      Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
      DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
      Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
      Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Hey you're debt free... what could be better?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Not to make this a bigger deal than what it is, but I went through this type of thing for eight years. After some hard times, the guy burned his credibility out.

Not to disagree with you Flamingo, but Public Figures fall under a different part of law as well as Politicians or Public Officials. A private citizen is just that, Private. Public Record is one thing and anyone ON THEIR OWN can access it. However, if a person solicits its use to intentionally damage an individual, this is a crime.

Florida Statutes
          I agree with you but reread the OP's original post. It appears that his BK was brought out in filing this lawsuit and he says his "case" was being broadcasted on TV, newspapers, etc. and he blames the other party for spreading info about his BK. This must be one heck of a lawsuit to make the radio, TV and newspapers and the BK is probably part of the record including being public information so publication in the newspaper in relation to the lawsuit as information or as part of the lawsuit must be a newsworthy item because not everyone can to go a radio, TV or newspaper and state "this guy filed a lawsuit against me and I was to spread the word about the BK he filed." Won't happen - something is newsworthy. I was going more for the libel aspect as a recourse for the OP, not harrassment, just due to what he posted.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X