Wish I never knew Pacer existed! UGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I never knew Pacer existed! UGH!

Knowledge IS power, but sometimes you know just enough to be dangerous. I checked Pacer (again) b/c the 1st time I checked, it said 'awaiting 1st meeting' despite the fact that I've ALREADY had my 341 meeting. I completed my 2nd debtor ed class~ you know, the one you do AFTER you file. Anyway, the debt ed flag had been removed on 6/3/09 but today my status STILL says 'awaiting 1st meeting'!

I have already had my 341 meeting! I'm more than halfway through my 60 days. SOOOOO, the email addy of the trustee was on the document and I emailed her. I feel like a stalker.

Oh well
    Filed BK on 3/27/09
    341 Meeting 4/29/09
    Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

We haven't even had our 341 yet and I'm still watching our Pacer page like a hawk to see if there are any new flags.
    27 May 09: File Ch7
    6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
    6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
    6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Comment

where do you see the "flags" in pacer?
      Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
      ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
        where do you see the "flags" in pacer?
        On my query page where it lists case #, type, judge, etc, mine specifically said FLAGS: debt ed, along with my status. Today there are no flags listed. Its just says STATUS: awaiting 1st meeting. But I had my 1st meeting over a month ago.
        Filed BK on 3/27/09
        341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

I don't think that's an issue, ours says that too and we are a week and a half away from discharge. I noticed a lot of them on PACER say that in my district, and they seem to get discharged without an issue.

Did your trustee file a report of no distribution? And, in the deadline section of your PACER file, does it say "status terminated" after your 341?
          Filed Chapter 7: 3/12/09
          341 Meeting: 4/14/09 case declared "asset"
          Trustee ordered discharge/change to "no asset" 4/24/09
          Discharged 6/25/09; Closed 6/30/09

Comment

it took 3 wks for my trustee to enter that my 341 was complete and show on Pacer, then the 60 day wait seems to start from the date when he entered it, not from the date I attended. in Los Angeles i hear its taking over 100 days anyway, so im figuring 4 months till discharge. Pacer does show both of my education classes completed and shows an amendment i did to schedule F. i did the amendment after my 341 so i thought maybe that was why they delayed reporting it. 1 month seems like a long time, but most trustee's are very overloaded due to the bad times we are in.

Comment

Mine said awaiting 1st meeting until after the case was almost discharged, some jurisdictions just don't keep that updated.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by marinah View Post
                I don't think that's an issue, ours says that too and we are a week and a half away from discharge. I noticed a lot of them on PACER say that in my district, and they seem to get discharged without an issue.

Did your trustee file a report of no distribution? And, in the deadline section of your PACER file, does it say "status terminated" after your 341?
                This is copied and pasted directly from a portion of the report. Most spots are blank:

Case Summary
                Office: Mxxxx Filed: 03/26/2009
                County: Houston Terminated:
                Fee: Paid Debtor discharged:
                Origin: 0 Reopened:
                Previous term: Converted:
                Debtor dismissed:
                Joint: n Confirmation hearing:

Nature of debt: consumer
                Pending status: Awaiting First Meeting

I guess I'll try not to sweat it. I'll just wait and see. I know that overanalyzing it will only serve to stress me completly out.
                Filed BK on 3/27/09
                341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

Never worry about the flags... until it's actually time to discharge and/or close. Some Trustees are lazy in updating them. My 341 Meeting was last August and mine still says awaiting meeting.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    Never worry about the flags... until it's actually time to discharge and/or close. Some Trustees are lazy in updating them. My 341 Meeting was last August and mine still says awaiting meeting.
                    Oh wow, thank you so much for that!
                    Filed BK on 3/27/09
                    341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X