who gets the discharge order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who gets the discharge order?

hi everyone, i am wondering: when the discharge paper comes in, does a copy get sent to the entire creditor matrix or just to the debtor?
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Everyone on the Creditor Matrix gets the Discharge Order.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And your bk attny will send you a copy (if they were like mine).. I believe you get a copy from the courts as well.
      Filed: 01/23/08
      341 Meeting: 02/29/08
      Discharged: 04/30/08
      Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

thanks guys!
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

On-topic question of my own:

When discharged, are the papers available for download off of PACER?

Friday is our 60 days but if we can get a copy of the discharge papers Monday (IF it goes through on time) then we can get into a new apartment we've applied to....
          Filed for Ch7 BK on 03/23/2009
          2 min. 341 mtg. on 05/05/2009
          65 Day Discharge on 07/08/2009

Comment

They should be available on PACER. It will probably be titled "Discharge of Debtor" on the Docket History. Depending on the District, it's a 2-page document. The first page is the Discharge Order. The second page is informational and explains the terms of teh discharge (standard language).
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShorterSN View Post
              On-topic question of my own:

When discharged, are the papers available for download off of PACER?

Friday is our 60 days but if we can get a copy of the discharge papers Monday (IF it goes through on time) then we can get into a new apartment we've applied to....
              Your discharge most likely will not come on day 61. Unless you have a very on the ball district.

I waited almost 90 days for discharge, and actually called the clerk and they issued the discharge while I was on the phone.

You may be one of the lucky ones that gets a quick DC, but don't hold your breath, the courts are very busy these days.

You can call the clerk's office and ask a generic question of "How long are DC taking in this district?" to get a better idea.

Comment

Just for everyone else's info:

I called the bankruptcy court. The lady said they are pretty close to on time here in the Utah area. For example, if something is due for discharge on Monday, it would probably get done Wednesday. I asked her about ours (60th day is this Friday) and she said it would probably be done Monday or Tuesday.

Also, as soon as it is discharged, the order is put in the system but the image would take 3-5 days to show up in PACER.

If I understand that correctly, that means PACER will report our BK as "Discharged" but the actual paperwork won't be viewable for a while. If this is the case, perhaps I can still print the main PACER page for our apartment application, promising to get them the full document within five days... *crosses fingers*
                Filed for Ch7 BK on 03/23/2009
                2 min. 341 mtg. on 05/05/2009
                65 Day Discharge on 07/08/2009

Comment

Yes, that's the case. The Order from the judge will be entered, but the actual PDF file won't be available for several days. This is normal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X