can i buy these things before I file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i buy these things before I file...

I would like to have a carpet cleaner since my dogs are messy. Also since im doing this whole bk thing. A new start on life i figured i would diet and lose weight. So I would like to buy a cheap weight set. We are talking about 200 for a carpet cleaner and 200 for a weight set. Do you think these would be frowned upon? I can wait till after discharge but just wanted to see what everyone thought.

I think on the safe side when filing for BK, is to wait for those things you mentioned unless you have cash and not use CCs to pay for them.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

About 16 months ago I noticed I had one store CC left with a zero balance and $4500 limit. I bought a new computer, monitor, printer/scanner/copier, MEGA party pack of batteries, CD-R's, iPod, spare ink cartriges, etc. Only ran the card up halfway. I honestly intended to sell some of it (new in the box) and pay the minimum until I could get a job, but 2 months of $15 min I realized it's a waste of money. I filed 18 months later, nothing was said.....yet.
      It was a crappy feeling, I knew the odds of me getting a job and paying for it was slim, but bk wasn't on my mind, I just thought I'd pay for it someday.

I think what you want to buy is more of a necessity. If you can wait the time and it'll make you feel better, why not.....

Comment

I don't see anything unreasonable in a cheap set of weights or, a carpet cleaner. Just don't use a cc to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
          I don't see anything unreasonable in a cheap set of weights or, a carpet cleaner. Just don't use a cc to pay for them.
          The idea of a new start is, a new start. You may consider practicing right now. Pay or save and pay for your items in full, or, you can't afford them. As TinFoilHat said, why induce more stress on yourself with a guilt feeling, more debt, and possible complications you now do not have.

Weight set, I see them along side the road all the time. Most useless items ever invented. Used to live in an apartment and every month in the green boxes among other good stuff, were weight sets. What is wrong with two clean bricks. Two concrete blocks and a pole.

The rug cleaner. $200. You can rent a power machine with soap for about $25 bucks. How often are you going to clean a carpet. Once a year for us if that.

Not criticizing, as "different strokes for other folks". I'm holding my money the little we have for REAL needs. Just my opinion. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Go buy those things. You need them and they are not luxuries.

Hub...do you have dogs? Once a year in this house would have been way too infrequent! We now have all wood floors, no carpet.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              Go buy those things. You need them and they are not luxuries.

Hub...do you have dogs? Once a year in this house would have been way too infrequent! We now have all wood floors, no carpet.
              I had a dog many years ago. Only one. It was to be a cockapoo, and when I got there, it was a terrier. I was told to buy a cockapoo. What do I know about dogs? It became my little buddy for 14 years. I cried like a baby when the realization came that I had to put her down. I never had another. We do have cats. They inherently are clean. Yes though the hair and stuff and I do understand. The wood floors, vary practical. Do your dogs scratch them though?

P.S. not criticizing the OP, but none of us really know the whole factor of anyone's questions. We answer the best we can with what we understand. To me weights would be using my energies with a hammer and fixing my house. I've kept my weight down in useful repairs of things I can't afford to pay others to do. LOL. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Carpet cleaning seems like a legit expense. Have you tried craig's list or your local salvation army for the weights? In my area c list has lots of weight sets looking for homes. You might save $100-$150 by buying used.
                Filed Chapter 7 August 18,2009
                341 scheduled for Oct 7, 2009--DONE!
                Report of No Distribution Oct 8, 2009
                Discharged & Closed Dec. 14, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  I had a dog many years ago. Only one. It was to be a cockapoo, and when I got there, it was a terrier. I was told to buy a cockapoo. What do I know about dogs? It became my little buddy for 14 years. I cried like a baby when the realization came that I had to put her down. I never had another. We do have cats. They inherently are clean. Yes though the hair and stuff and I do understand. The wood floors, vary practical. Do your dogs scratch them though?

P.S. not criticizing the OP, but none of us really know the whole factor of anyone's questions. We answer the best we can with what we understand. To me weights would be using my energies with a hammer and fixing my house. I've kept my weight down in useful repairs of things I can't afford to pay others to do. LOL. 'Hub
                  The dogs do some damage to the floors but the lovely one keeps their nails trimmed so it's not too bad. We think a home should be lived in and aren't concerned with things like dog scratches and such.

We had to put a beloved dog down a few months ago. It's not an easy task at all. It happened just a couple weeks after I had read Mark Levin's book Rescuing Sprite. Great book! Mark is a leading Constitutional scholar and conservative with a #1 best seller out right now, Liberty and Tyranny. His book about Sprite is completely non-political and very touching.

We have two cats plus a foster cat here who seems to have become a permanent fixture. So we're dog and cat people.
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yes, but pay cash for them.

Comment

The rug cleaner. $200. You can rent a power machine with soap for about $25 bucks. How often are you going to clean a carpet. Once a year for us if that.

Everyone has things they consider a neccessity..............

some people it's cars, toys, jewelry............

Me......can't live without my Dyson vac OR carpet cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by notadeadbeat View Post

Everyone has things they consider a neccessity..............

some people it's cars, toys, jewelry............

Me......can't live without my Dyson vac OR carpet cleaner.
                        How are those Dyson carpet cleaners ? I see how much they cost and I always wonder , are they really worth it ????

I say clean the rugs, dogs need a clean place to lay there heads at night too
                        Filed on 7-17-09
                        waiting for 341
                        341 meeting 8-21-09
                        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes I would pay cash for these. Haven't used a cc in 2 months

I have two dogs over 75lbs so my carpet is dirty in about 2 months. I thought about renting a carpet cleaning but don't really want to lug it back and forth.

Also for the weights. I do things around the house but i want to have a nice workout set. I know these sets can got for thousands. Im talking 200$ plus can you really put a price on your health?

Even though I think I would be ok im going to hold off just to make sure. I can wait 7 weeks.

Comment

Try Craig's List in your area for the weight sets.
                            You would be amazed what you can buy that stuff for used.

Comment

I agree pay cash if you can. Also, check like craigslist or we have Big Lots out here. I've been finding such deals there. Last week, I noticed they had a Dyson for like $299. I paid $500 for mine back when I bought it. And they are great when you have pets. They always pick up, and you don't have those bags.

We only have carpet upstairs in our house. We shampoo (at least the stairs) about every 3 months. If its not the dog, its my two Ragdoll cats. I couldn't handle dirty carpet.
                              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                              Discharged: 11/30/2009
                              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X