can i buy these things before I file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBLTZ View Post
    I would like to have a carpet cleaner since my dogs are messy. Also since im doing this whole bk thing. A new start on life i figured i would diet and lose weight. So I would like to buy a cheap weight set. We are talking about 200 for a carpet cleaner and 200 for a weight set. Do you think these would be frowned upon? I can wait till after discharge but just wanted to see what everyone thought.

I bought some things on a best buy card, didn't go wild (700 dollar computer for my daughter for school work). But it was after i retained the attorney but before filing. Frankly, I am worried sick. I sent email to the attorney telling him what i did. He's the one who told me to keep 1 card to rebuild credit. My intent was to pay it off but they closed the card and sold of the balance to a collections firm. Got a letter from the collections. A whole other story.

So my lawyer hasn't replied to my email asking him how i should respond to the trustee if i am questioned and all these thoughts are going through my head. Including but not limited to, my lawyer dropping me as a client! I'm sick about it.

Bottom line is, even if you intend to pay the card off don't do it. You will have the resources after the bankruptcy. I wish I could undo it. It's not worth the worry and I wish i would have known about this forum before I filed.

Comment

OP is paying cash for these items, so there is nothing to worry about.
      Filed 5/29/09
      Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Since you're paying cash for them (not charging them) I wouldn't even think twice about it. Neither thing could be considered a luxury in anyone's mind at all.
        Filed 5/12/09
        341 6/11/09
        discharged 8/11/09
        Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Dyson Vacs are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! My carpets look spotless, then I pull out the Dyson and WOW!!! The canister fills up in no time and is very, very easy to dump. No bags to buy. I would give up nearly anything I own before my Dyson!!! Ebay is the place to buy thru ABC Vacuums(or diirect through them) Best prices and very reputable folks.

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
            How are those Dyson carpet cleaners ? I see how much they cost and I always wonder , are they really worth it ????

I say clean the rugs, dogs need a clean place to lay there heads at night too

They are absolutely worth every penny! I have had mine for 5 years now and it was the best purchase ever! Go for the best one they have, the ANIMAL if you get one. It still amazes me every week when I empty the clear tube how much dust and junk is in there. And we are clean!
            They are the best for allergies.

Comment

Originally posted by Trybaby View Post
              I bought some things on a best buy card, didn't go wild (700 dollar computer for my daughter for school work). But it was after i retained the attorney but before filing. Frankly, I am worried sick. I sent email to the attorney telling him what i did. He's the one who told me to keep 1 card to rebuild credit. My intent was to pay it off but they closed the card and sold of the balance to a collections firm. Got a letter from the collections. A whole other story.

So my lawyer hasn't replied to my email asking him how i should respond to the trustee if i am questioned and all these thoughts are going through my head. Including but not limited to, my lawyer dropping me as a client! I'm sick about it.

Bottom line is, even if you intend to pay the card off don't do it. You will have the resources after the bankruptcy. I wish I could undo it. It's not worth the worry and I wish i would have known about this forum before I filed.
              If your lawyer does not reply by your 341, here is a suggestion to try: Tell the Trustee this story as you told it to us. Suggest to the Trustee that you attempted payment, but have the money and would agree to pay it into the estate so that the mistake would be "squared up". Not only would it surprise a Trustee, but your honesty and good faith would be shown and he may even just say "forget it". It is worth a try.

BTW, I'm going to investigate that Dyson myself. I'll pay cash of course when I can afford it. Ya'll got me convinced. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Trybaby View Post

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If the debt is already in collection that means you made the purchase several months ago. It won't be an issue.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  If your lawyer does not reply by your 341, here is a suggestion to try: Tell the Trustee this story as you told it to us. Suggest to the Trustee that you attempted payment, but have the money and would agree to pay it into the estate so that the mistake would be "squared up". Not only would it surprise a Trustee, but your honesty and good faith would be shown and he may even just say "forget it". It is worth a try.

BTW, I'm going to investigate that Dyson myself. I'll pay cash of course when I can afford it. Ya'll got me convinced. 'Hub
                  The Dyson is good but there are better or equal vacuum cleaners out there for less.
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Not on the subject but as it changed anyway just a tip.
                    My daughter bought one of the pet model units and loved it. We checked it out while visiting. They paid almost $600 as I remember it for the unit!
                    You can buy Dyson products for about 50-60% of the new value if you look for their refurbished units online.
                    We bought the top of the line model with the pet brush about 3 years ago. Even on sale it was over $500 anyway you look at it.
                    We found that Dyson sells refurbished units online for much less. It came in a box as if it were new, it looked new, a and we could see no wear and tear.
                    It was around $265 as I remember now.
                    Check them out. Here is a link to their website where Dyson sells them

Unless you just want "new" and like to spend money.

Comment

New Dyson Animal

I paid $399 for my Dyson Animal brand new, delivered to my door. It is the best investment I've ever made. I have large, hairy dogs and my home and carpets are spotless.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X