ID Forms at 341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Forms at 341 Meeting

I've been tearing my place apart looking for my social security card which I cannot find. I know for the 341 meeting you need proof of your social security number. Do they care if you have your actual card or is it just as good to show a W2 or some other official document with it on there?

Originally posted by brandon94 View Post
    I've been tearing my place apart looking for my social security card which I cannot find. I know for the 341 meeting you need proof of your social security number. Do they care if you have your actual card or is it just as good to show a W2 or some other official document with it on there?
    A letter from the IRS, bearing your SSN, seemed to work fine for me. They'll also take a W-2 in most cases. I couldn't find my SS Card so found a statement from the IRS and presented that to the Trustee at the 341 Meeting.

I've seen this SAME list at several Trustee websites... (Please check with your attorney if these are appropriate for your District. If you filed pro se contact the Trustee's office directly.)

Acceptable forms of proof of social security number include:
    * social security card
    * medical insurance card
    * pay stub, W-2 form, IRS form 1099
    * social security administration form
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We just had our 341 in Little Rock, AR and I didn't have my Social Security Card. Our Attorney had a copy of it because we retained him last year.

When Trustee asked for ID, our Attorney was ready to give him a copy of my card & he said O I'll just take it off the 2008 tax return.

Comment

I would say bring your 2008 W2 and just to cover your bases a printout from the Social Security Administration and between those two, you will be fine. Some trustees are sticklers for the SS card, and some do not much like W2's but a combo of the W2 and the SS Administration print out (make sure they stamp it!) will be fine with just about any trustee I think.
        Filed: 9/9/2009
        341: 10/13, went well!
        Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

at our 1st 341 meeting,we didn't even show our ID nor our SS cards...I found it weird,but the BK clerk had scanned our ID when we filed ,and we signed a form stating what our SS numers were...
          we still brought our ID's with us of course.
          filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
          341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
          2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
          discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

I'm running into this as well.. I found my SS card, but my Wife's we can't find. What exactly is a SS administration form? I think we can find the W2's and of course the BK case has a copy of our Tax return...
            -------
            Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
            341 April 16...

Comment

Originally posted by gwar11d2 View Post
              I'm running into this as well.. I found my SS card, but my Wife's we can't find. What exactly is a SS administration form? I think we can find the W2's and of course the BK case has a copy of our Tax return...
              The SSA form is the one they send annually that explains how much you earned in your lifetime, and what your potential SSI benefits would be for various events.

A copy of your tax return is not sufficient. Some Trustees will take the W-2s, 1099s, etc, and will certainly take any "letter" from the IRS that has your SSN and name on it.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                The SSA form is the one they send annually that explains how much you earned in your lifetime, and what your potential SSI benefits would be for various events.

A copy of your tax return is not sufficient. Some Trustees will take the W-2s, 1099s, etc, and will certainly take any "letter" from the IRS that has your SSN and name on it.
                OK, We have her Report from the SS administration, but it only shows the last 4 of her social. I'll bring that and an old W2 and hope that does the trick
                -------
                Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
                341 April 16...

Comment

Originally posted by gwar11d2 View Post
                  OK, We have her Report from the SS administration, but it only shows the last 4 of her social. I'll bring that and an old W2 and hope that does the trick
                  You're absolutely right... they stopped putting the entire social on those!

Comment

Not to rain on the parade here, but I think you would be better off with a printout from the SS Administration showing your full number. To obtain that, your wife can apply for a Social Security card and the receipt they give her will have the full number on it. Make sure they stamp the receipt with the Social Security Administration stamp.

Whatever doc you use, they want the full number on the document. Some trustees do not like W2's by themselves and something with only the last 4 digits of the number to back it up might not fly.
                    Filed: 9/9/2009
                    341: 10/13, went well!
                    Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X