341 Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today!

Well, we had our 341 today and it went quickly. In and out in 5 minutes. They did however change it from a no-asset to and asset case pending our tax return. Does that mean our discharge will not come until after we send in our tax return? I am just glad it is said and done up to this point.

Your discharge will come as normal. The only thing that the tax refund will hold up, is the close of your case. It's the discharge that you want quickly!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So if it turns out you've no tax refund coming, do they turn it back to a no-asset case?

(I thought it being no asset helps if after the case is done you discover another old creditor you forgot about when you filed.)

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
        So if it turns out you've no tax refund coming, do they turn it back to a no-asset case?

(I thought it being no asset helps if after the case is done you discover another old creditor you forgot about when you filed.)
        I actually don't know. Good question.

Comment

That's a very insightful question. I don't think they do this. Reason is, creditors already filed claims and it may look funny.

This is very District dependent. In any event, if nothing was ever actually disbursed to creditors, and your in a District that allows you to "miss" things on the schedules in a no asset case, it's basically a no asset case.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X