Automatic Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Discharge?

I read in one of the posts today that there are Automatic Discharge States? Does anyone know exactly what that means, and what states they are if true? Thanks so much.

I'm not understanding your question? Discharge of what? Unlisted debt? Could you guide us to your source of question? 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I can't provide you with a list of States, but I can tell you this. In the Districts that have "automatic discharge", the PACER system will, on the day after the last day for objections (about 60 days after the 341 Meeting), automatically discharge your case.

This just means that the Bankruptcy Court Clerk doesn't need to do this manually.

Since this varies by District (not State), and even the individual debtor's case... I can't mention which ones do or don't. (There are 94 Bankruptcy Courts in the United States.)
      Last edited by justbroke; 11-19-2009, 06:16 AM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you JB. I just could not get what the Op had in question. AC
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yes, now I understand the question. Thank you JustBroke. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yes, it is a strange question, and I don't know why someone would ask, unless they are (nervously) awaiting discharge.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It's something I was curious about myself - for those of us who are interested in timelines, this helps. If we're in an auto-discharge court, and nothing is posted on day 61 or 62, it gets the nerves going. Or, if we're not, we know to not get nervous for awhile (given that there have been posts of delayed discharges for administrative reasons).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X