Bank acct during BK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank acct during BK.

Just filed, and I was told to close my Wells fargo acct during the BK process. So I really need a new bank acct . Unfortunately I am in chex systems. Does anyone know a good online bank / bank that is bk friendly. Any previous threads would be great also........ Thanks

Why did you have to close them? I have left minimal amounts in all of mine and my atty said no problem with that.

Comment

Go to CreditBoards or search the internet for "banks that do not use ChexSystems". They have some info on banks that don't use ChexSystems. Also, check into your local credit unions through your employer or friends. There are a good number of national/regional banks that don't use the information in ChexSystems. However, this may be a regional thing!

Just because you're in ChexSystems doesn't mean your account will be denied. If there's a "fraud" or "suspected fraud" enter in ChexSystems, this is what will probably cause you to be denied. A simple NSF entry usually won't cause this problem... but even that varies amongst banks.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks Justbroke. Not sure why but the attorney I consulted with informed me to close the acct. She stated that wells fargo would freeze my acct.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa85 View Post
          Thanks Justbroke. Not sure why but the attorney I consulted with informed me to close the acct. She stated that wells fargo would freeze my acct.
          Your attorney is smart. Wells Fargo is notorious for freezing accounts once you file. It's best to have your money somewhere that you don't have other credit with. A "neutral" bank, so to speak!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know "US Bank" has a second chance checking.. not sure on others.

Just filed, and I was told to close my Wells fargo acct during the BK process. So I really need a new bank acct . Unfortunately I am in chex systems. Does anyone know a good online bank / bank that is bk friendly. Any previous threads would be great also........ Thanks
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

oh, just noticed you're in Sacramento.. US Bank has plenty of branches around there too..I believe you can open the accounts online, not sure though.
              Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
              341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
              Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
              Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X