If Pacer says........and tax refund???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Pacer says........and tax refund???

Trustee's Report of No Distribution does that mean my Tax refund is safe? The trustee asked what we did with last years, which was make house payments and I plan to do that again. If we have direct deposit, will we just not get it? I am confused about the whole tax refund stuff.
    Filed 8-21-09
    341 10-9-09
    12-14-09 Discharged
    12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

It really depends on your district. Did you exempt your tax return when you filed?

Comment

I don't know honestly.
      Filed 8-21-09
      341 10-9-09
      12-14-09 Discharged
      12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

Comment

If you received a report of no distribution and the trustee did NOT ask for a copy of your 2009 tax returns...you should be safe. The report he filed is telling all your creditirs that there will be no anticipated assets to distribute and that he is abandoning your your property. If you read the report, it should say all of this in legaleez.

Comment

I am really confused about that too, and haven't gotten a straight answer. Our TT filed a Report of No Distribution immediately after our 341 and never mentioned our 2009 return. A week after the 341 our lawyer sent a letter saying we had to send the refund. She said the TT would send a letter asking for it in December. We haven't heard anything yet. Keeping our fingers crossed as we usually have a $4,000 to $5,000 refund. We exempted $2,000.

It is my understanding if the No Distribution is filed they don't want it, because they are essentially telling your creditors there is nothing they are getting. I can't see them filing that and then several months later when the refund comes turning around and distributing money.
          Filed: July 31, 2009
          341: September 4, 2009
          60 days: November 3, 2009
          DISCHARGED!: November 6, 2009

Comment

He did not ask for a copy of 2009, just the 2008. But he didn't really ask much about those either. I read the report. Well, some.
            Filed 8-21-09
            341 10-9-09
            12-14-09 Discharged
            12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mama2three View Post
              I am really confused about that too, and haven't gotten a straight answer. Our TT filed a Report of No Distribution immediately after our 341 and never mentioned our 2009 return. A week after the 341 our lawyer sent a letter saying we had to send the refund. She said the TT would send a letter asking for it in December. We haven't heard anything yet. Keeping our fingers crossed as we usually have a $4,000 to $5,000 refund. We exempted $2,000.

It is my understanding if the No Distribution is filed they don't want it, because they are essentially telling your creditors there is nothing they are getting. I can't see them filing that and then several months later when the refund comes turning around and distributing money.

That is about what we get too so I usually get our house paid through until summer.
              Filed 8-21-09
              341 10-9-09
              12-14-09 Discharged
              12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

Comment

This is just one of those topics that is so District-specific, that it's hard to provide an answer for everyone. At least, there are only two answers.

Generally speaking, if the Trustee didn't ask for your 2009 Income Tax Return and/or your 2009 Income Tax Refund, then you are usually safe to assume that you are not required to surrender any refund. Also, many (smart) attorneys factor your average income tax refund into your income on Schedule J and the Means Test (B22A). This basically makes any refund moot!

Best of luck to all you hoping to keep your 2009 Refund!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My Trustee wanted my 2007 & 2008 taxes yet did not ask for them - you should be ok if you have not heard of anything yet.
                  9 out of 10 times they use the taxes to verify you do make what you say.
                  Filed: 01/23/08
                  341 Meeting: 02/29/08
                  Discharged: 04/30/08
                  Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

At my 341, the Trustee opened with a statement saying he gets all 2009 refunds no exceptions. He said "I say this at the beginning of every meeting and every year there are people who think it doesn't apply to them. I will come after you. You can not get away from me." So after that warm & cheerful message, I thought Pacer would specifically mention tax refunds. The day after the 341 he filed that I am a no asset case (YAYAYAYAYAY) with no mention of tax refunds. Now, I know I will get about 4k back, and I'm certain he knew that as well from copies of the last two years tax returns. I don't expect I'm going to get to keep the refund even though there was no mention of it in Pacer. I guess it differs a lot by district. I'm in the Western Dist Oklahoma. I would absolutely love to be wrong and get to keep it!!!!
                    Stopped paying CCs 1/1/2009
                    Filed 10/2/2009 341 11/8/2009
                    Discharged! 1/13/2009 I can hardly believe it....

Comment

How do you find trustee report in pacer

I just need to know how to find trustee report in Pacer?
                      Filed 11/6/2009
                      341-12/14/2009
                      Last day for objections-2/12/1010

Comment

Nevermind, I found it Thank You
                        Filed 11/6/2009
                        341-12/14/2009
                        Last day for objections-2/12/1010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...