top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged.. Surrendered Condo.. Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged.. Surrendered Condo.. Now What?

I got BK7 discharged last week ( ) and closed yesterday. We did the switcharoo on my (vacant) condo at the last minute to surrender it, which was the plan after I decided, before finally filing, that I didn't want to keep it.

So now what with the condo? Do I just sit and wait for it to foreclose? Do I call BofA and try to do a Deed in Lieu and give it back?

With the condo I am still responsible for the HOA dues from the time I file until foreclosure. The attorney said it is probably nothing to worry about but I just want to move on and get it back in someone else's ownership (for the sake of my former condo neighbors and the neighborhood)

I thought about telling BofA that I was going to rent it out on a lease so I could pay the HOA dues and maybe that would speed things up. I am sure they don't want to deal with anyone in there.

Stay put if you can. We stopped paying, went thru the BK and it discharged on the 28th of Dec. We are still there, not paying now for 6 months, rent free and it is with BOA, we are saving money up for a move. We are paying the homeowners insurance, and careing for the home. We are also packing and looking so we have a good idea of what we can afford and where to find it. We have rented a storage unit so a lot of the yard stuff is stored there and things that may not fit in a tiny appartment. You are liable for anyone that gets injured, and for the HOA from what I have read, so... stay put until you have to go. I have a rental in GA that is empty and because the insurance and taxes were paid thru the payment I don't know what to do. That one has not had a payment made on it with Wells Fargo since March of last year and no foreclosure yet. That one I wish Wells would foreclose on and get it over with since it has been vacant for almost a year now. I don't have the extra to pay for any thing on that one in our new one income economy... and a bad income to boot.. lol

Comment

Thanks for the response but I do not live there. It has been vacant since June 2009. I moved out in Sept. 2008 and rented the condo out until June 2009. So I have no desire to keep it for any longer than I have to.

Comment

I have search for an answer to my rental in GA too, that has been vacant since last March. We were just dischanged, but we did not pay on that thing since march. WF still has not foreclosed. I think banks have so much property on their hands that they are trying to not take you property. If yours has an HOA I have read on here that you may have to pay those fees. Ugh..

Comment

i do not think you need to pay HOA fees, i think the bank is responsible for that from filing. we included the HOA on the filing and i have not heard anything from them since
          Filed Aug 28 2009
          341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
          Discharged Dec 16 2009
          Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X