top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will trustee send me a letter prior to 341 requesting documents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will trustee send me a letter prior to 341 requesting documents?

Or is it possible that what I provided the attorney will suffice? I'm assuming there is some variation by district, but is there something standard that all trustees generally ask filers to bring (besides identification)?

I think I read somewhere that the trustee doesn't really look much at the paperwork until after the 341, which is why I'm confused as to why some people say they get a letter requesting specific documentation before their meeting...

Many Panel Trustee and even the United States Trustee may have specific documentation required prior to the 341 Meeting of Creditor. This is District, UST, and even (panel) Trustee specific, so it can vary what they want. Usually, if you filed through an attorney, your attorney already knows what they require. Any additional documentation is usually requested before the 341 Meeting, but that doesn't stop them from asking for additional documentation during or after the 341 Meeting.

The Panel Trustee and the United States Trustee looks at the paperwork "just-in-time" for the 341 Meeting. Many times, they appear to be unorganized at the meeting, but someone from their Staff should have gone through the paperwork and made any "notes" so that your Panel Trustee can be a little prepared at the 341 Meeting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be lucky and he'll not want anything more than what my attorney has already sent in.

Comment

Probably your attorney already knew what they'd probably ask for. (-:

I couldn't get any kind of list out of our trustee, maybe some of them just don't bother.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X