top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal for Trustee to request items after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal for Trustee to request items after discharge?

So, we are discharged as of 1-12-10, and the last day for CC's to file claims was 3-3-10, but what I am wondering is this: As far as I know, the only asset the trustee was waiting on was our $2700 federal tax refund, which she now has. Since she has received it, she requested copies of our tax return last week. Today I got an email from our attorney telling me that she needed to me to get the trustee our paystubs up to our date of filing. We filed 10-12-09 and gave her the paystubs, or so I thought, up to that point. Apparently all she has is up to 09-17-09. Is this normal for the trustee to request additional items before closing?

It's normal in an asset case to make sure that they are and/or have administered all the assets. I'm surprised that you surrendered the refund without the return itself. If you just gave the Trustee the "endorsed in blank" U.S. Treasury check, that's one thing. But if you just wrote a check for the amount of the Refund, the Trustee has no way of knowing if that was indeed what you were refunded. In any event, just provide the copy of the return. As for the paystubs, perhaps some paperwork got lost.

You are discharged. The Trustee is just trying to administer your assets. Just play nice and all should be over quickly!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

For some reason, she requested that the refund be sent directly to her. We never even saw the check. It went from the IRS to her. I am just wanting it closed. Even though we are discharged, I just want it all done. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by bktmom28 View Post
        For some reason, she requested that the refund be sent directly to her. We never even saw the check. It went from the IRS to her. I am just wanting it closed. Even though we are discharged, I just want it all done. That's all.
        It's almost over. Just a few more "administrative" things to deal with.

HOWEVER, technically, you survived the biggest part, and that's the discharge. That's the part that got rid of all your old debt. The rest is mostly administrative. That the (panel) Trustee needs a few pieces of paper, should not keep you up at night.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X