Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$8000 tax credit and chapter 7

Hi.
    We have a joint mortgage and I (husband) filed Bankruptcy last year and was discharged on January 2010. However on my credit it is reported as "INCLUDED IN BANKRUPTY & DISCHARGED" when on my wife's it is showing current on payment. We are still making payment but mine does not report when hers is reported (she did not filed).
    We filed out tax separately where I claimed the mortgage as I am the primary. We are now worry that we might not be able to get the $8000 credit since mine does not reported as pay on time.
    Our quesiton is should we worry about this or it is fine?
    By the way in the bankruptcy 7 I filed there was a stipulation where any tax return shouldnot be kept to pay the creditors.
    I have already received my South Carolina tax refund and just waiting for the Federal which was done together with the $8000 tax credit.
    Also what can I do to report the mortgage current on my credit?
    I just talked to my lawyer who said I am better off not signing the REAFFIRMATION FORM in case anything happen in the futur. But what about the $8000 tax credit for 1st time home buyer. Will I lose it?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks

I am assuming you just purchased your home last year, which is why you feel entitled to the 8K tax credit. Unfortunately I have no idea about this and the tax laws.

However, your credit report will not show "pays as agreed", because you filed and were discharged of that debt. It should report as IIB, and you stated it did. This is correct. Unfortunately this is one bad side effect from not reaffirming the loan. Thankfully, there are many more good reasons to not reaffirm.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

YEah it is really confusing regarding the $8000 tax credit as I really dont know how it will work or show.
      I just don't want because of my mistake penalize my wife to receive at least her part ($8000/2)= $4000.
      Let's see

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X