top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account number on rough draft petition?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account number on rough draft petition?????

I am going through my rough draft before I send it back to the lawyers, and the full account number isn't listed on the petition just ex.) XXXXXXX4598. The four digits that are listed aren't even the last four it's the four #s in the middle of the account number, and a couple of the account numbers are like the first two and the last two digits combined. Is that normal? Should I write in the full account number to be safe?

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
    I am going through my rough draft before I send it back to the lawyers, and the full account number isn't listed on the petition just ex.) XXXXXXX4598. The four digits that are listed aren't even the last four it's the four #s in the middle of the account number, and a couple of the account numbers are like the first two and the last two digits combined. Is that normal? Should I write in the full account number to be safe?
    If you are in fear of this, NO. At your 341, have the account numbers available. With all the clerks in the Courthouse and the rest of facts that it is now big crime to steal ID, don't open yourself to any other stress. My opinion. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

No. Per Rule 9037, you are not to write the full account number for ANY financial account. The last four digits is traditional. I think that any four digits work, as it's just to match the account. The creditors will usually go by your social security number anyhow.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OK, I'm sitting here thinking that something may not get added because of an account number. Totally forgot about our socials, duh. We are starting to get everything finalized before we file and I guess I am overthinking things and getting nervous.

Comment

BTW what in the heck does HUB mean and Hamsters? I looked at the frequently used abbrev list and didn't see it. Every time I see the word Hamsters on here I am thinking that someone is about to ask if their Hamster is an accepted expense. LOL, I know I'm a dork.

Comment

Nah, it's a cultural thing here on BKForum. The famous Hamsters sing and dance for anyone who receives a discharge in Bankruptcy. The moderator, AngelinaCat, is generally the person who presents this award to the newly discharged. AngelinaCat's husband, AngelinaCatHub has been known to present the hamsters to a deserving debtor as well.

We call AngelinaCatHub just 'Hub for short.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL got it, thanks for letting me in the loop.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X