top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Would they Send Discharge Notice to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Would they Send Discharge Notice to...

(I'm in Central District/California) -

The Los Angeles City Clerk?
    The California Employment Development Dept?
    Franchise Tax Board????

They weren't involved in my case. Is this just SOP? (Having a paper attached to one of my documents that doesn't belong there - even after requesting it be removed has caused me to doubt the carefulness of certain BK clerks)...
    11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

These are standard creditors that subscribe to the bankruptcy service! In Florida, the following are automatically added as creditors for notification purposes to a bankruptcy;
    • your county tax collector
    • Florida State Department of Revenue
    • Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
    • Internal Revenue Service

Most of these agencies subscribe for different purposes. For example, the tax collector would want to know so that they don't violate the automatic stay or pursue uncollectable items. Law Enforcement may be looking for you and this is a good way to find you, however, FDLE in this case is looking for deadbeats!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, JB!
      11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

By the way... I didn't notice that you were discharged earlier this week. CONGRATULATIONS on the discharge!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! I received the hard-copy of the Notice in the mail today. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X