Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMEX Corporate Card after C7 Discharge

Hello all.

My C7 discharge was on Feb 14 2010. Finally after months and months of searching, I have been offered a job. The contract says I will be offered upto 500 a month for leasing a company car ( included all insurance and maintenence ) and a Amex corporate card for business related expenses.

My Q for people who have gone thru the experience is - will amex decline issuing a card to me and will they notify the employer that card was declined due to filing bk

Advice on how to handle this situvation will be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.

You are blacklisted with Amex if you included them in bankruptcy and they will not issue you a personal card or even allow you to become an authorized user.

Not sure on the corporate card though...

Comment

Thanks for the response Mike 258. No AMEX was not listed when i filed C7. Its just that I dont want my personal financial status disclosed to the company by AMEX or any credit reports.

Comment

AMEX corporate cards are either issued with the employer being responsible for all charges or the user responsible and the employer gives you a check to pay the bill from your own checking account. In that case the employer may need to give AMEX a letter agreeing that they are to be responsible for all charges.

Comment

Here is a link discussing something very similiar (this person actually included AE in their bankruptcy).

Comment

We had wondered how it would work for us, My wife got a Amex card before we were married and then added me as a user later on. Would I still be blacklisted if say my dad wanted to make me a user on his card? Im not worried about it either way just kinda curious how it works. Seems unfair if your a user on a card and the account holder files your blacklisted as-well.

Comment

The way most AMEX corporate cards work is that the employer gives the new employee a form for the employee to fill in which the employee signs and provides informatoin as if on a credit application, including SS number. This form goes back to the employer and the employer (HR) sends in the form to AMEX. The card is sent to the employee either at home or at work (designated on the form) and the employee is responsible for paying the bill (i.e., submits expense reports for reimburment by the company for traveling expenses and a check or auto deposit is given to the employee to pay the AMEX card. That is the most common form or corporate AMEX cards. There are others.

So in the OP's instance, your credit will be checked. AMEX will probably deny you when they see the chapter 7 and they will notify the employer that the application was denied and the reason why. It might be a good idea for you to speak to someone in HR before your application is submitted as to your concerns about your employer finding out if you filed BK...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

One other thought. I recently interviewed with a company. Their airline ticket was paid for by a company VISA card, the car rental was direct billed to their national corporate account as the hotel would have been if I didn’t stay with family in the interview location. I asked the HR person about it and she said the goal was to handle all expense reports centrally and have little chance for fraud and to garner the largest discounts. This is a large company.

Comment

I included personal amex when I filed chapter 7. Its possible that my company may be issuing amex cards to employees for expenses (I don't know if they would be guaranteed or not). Not being eligible for the amex (if this happens) could create "issues" for me at work.

I am thinking of calling amex and offering to pay the amount discharged if they would be willing to consider me for a new account (through my company). Does anyone have any experience with this? I can now afford to pay the amount that was discharged (knowing I have no legal obligation to do so). If I were to do this (the amount of money is relatively small, and worth it to avoid issues at work) are there any new problems I may be creating for myself? Has anyone done anything like this, or have ideas as to how to even see if amex is interested?

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.
                    I spoke to our HR and told them i do not want to add more cc to my list ( i was told that this was not a business card, but a corporate card issued in my name- meaning the application will be filed with my details and the card issued in my name. Preset limit will be set by my company and not AMEX)

They agreed to it on the condition that I will be reimbursed only once a month along with my pay check. I will not be given cash advances for purchase of air tickets but only for petty expenses and should not have more than USD1000 against my name at any piont in time.I accepted because it seemed fair.

My next worry is - all my details have been sent to Blue Cross/Blue shield for group/company Health insurance...will my filing of C7 affect this coverage ( because there is a employee co-payment to the premium ) and wil my details be disclosed to the company by BCBS.

Guess its a bit too late but any feedback would help cool down my tension.

Thanks again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X