top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSE&G is charging me security deposit, is this fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSE&G is charging me security deposit, is this fair?

I've always made on time payment and never delayed the payment with PSE&G.
    My BK filing is about my housing and credit cards, and not about the PSE&G.
    But they are charging me $200 security deposit? Is this fair? They are throwing stones to a dying person. Can I just pay for the actual charges but not the security deposit? Will they stop the service?

Utilities deposit

Hello nyckd,

I would call PSE&G and find out what is going on. Many utilities will require a deposit for people with bad credit, maybe the bankruptcy triggered that in their system. If you have not been late and did not have them in your bankruptcy, I'll bet you can talk to someone and have them remove the deposit requirement.

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Well, I called them up and talked for long. Yes, my bankruptcy triggered it though I never delayed or missed a payment. I talked to many people but they are so stubborn and bureaucratic. I am so disappointed but I think I have to put down the security deposit to keep the service.

Comment

Pse&g

Come on nycdk, PSE&G has such a nice website, surely they can't be stubborn and bureaucratic......

Hints: get the service center local to you instead of the main company phone tree

try an email to customer relations

contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. See if they respond.

....or just give up and pay the d*** $200 deposit.

Good luck,

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Filing BK brings on all sorts of stuff we were not used to prior to filing when times were better and we took not having to pay deposits, get great low interest, high limit big bank credit cards, etc. When one files, expect all this stuff to occur. Don't be surprised when it does. A BK on your credit report is a big black mark no matter how one tries to get around it. It will affect many things in your life as long as it is on your credit reports. The best thing to do here is pay the deposit, make sure all payments to your utilities, rent, mortgage, etc. and everybody and everything are on time and you are never late once with anything - you just need to prove you are creditworthy again which will take some time. It does get back to normal but it is not overnight. Best of luck to you.
          Last edited by Flamingo; 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM. Reason: changed wording

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

What's the lesson we've learned?

If your electric company is PSE&G, better save up that security deposit before you file. Even if it means, I dunno, not being able to pay that $200+ electric bill you just got (which would get wiped out by the bankruptcy).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X