Amendment Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amendment Questions

So I'm helping a girl amend her Schedule C (the exemptions form), and I have a few questions. If you know anything about this, any help would be appreciated:

1) She just got a car for free after she already filed. Since she is amending Schedule C, would she now have to list the car as an asset and exempt it? Or would she not have to list it seeing that she didn't have the car when she originally filed? And if she does have to now list it, since it was free, would she put the value as $0, or would she have to put down the value that it is estimated to actually be worth?

2) She is also exempting the money in her bank account. Would she list the money she had in her bank account the day she originally filed, or would she list the amount she has in it when she amends her form?

3) Also, how would you fill out the summary page? Since only an amended Schedule B and C would be attached, would all other info on the sheet be the same? Or would she just list "0" in all of the other spaces and write "No" in the "is this form attached" space?

I've tried searching and couldn't really find any info on those questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Question:

"She just got a car for free after she already filed. Since she is amending Schedule C, would she now have to list the car as an asset?"

Answer:

No. It is not an asset of the estate unless she acquired it as the result of an inheritance or property settlement.

Question:

"Would she list the money she had in her bank account the day she originally filed, or would she list the amount she has in it when she amends her form?"

Answer:

Amount in the account on the filing date. I will assume that the $$ in the account now is from employment. Income earned after filing is not property of the estate.

Question:

"Also, how would you fill out the summary page?"

Answer - sort of.

I only file an Amended Schedule B and C. Have never also done an amended summary. Technically, I suppose it should also be amended. Just never thought of it. Have never had an issue arise as a result so I would not worry about it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X