top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 days was up 9/20, how long should I wait for discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days was up 9/20, how long should I wait for discharge?

I emailed my attorney on the 21st to see what the average discharge was right now and he said about 2 weeks. When would you guys bug him again about it? We really want to get our lives going again and this is just looming.

Wait until the end of Thursday, email him Friday morning if nothing.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Check PACER... it might already be there.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Check PACER... it might already be there.
        I feel I'm letting myself and people down.....how did I ever NOT mention PACER on this one??????? Thanks jb
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
          I feel I'm letting myself and people down.....how did I ever NOT mention PACER on this one??????? Thanks jb

I was about to say. . . LOL.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I've been checking pacer, Last filing was 8/23

Comment

Originally posted by Silver26 View Post
              I've been checking pacer, Last filing was 8/23
              Hmmm. It culd be that the people entering the info in the system are very slow moving. Hang in there. At least there's nothing negative on PACER.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Since it doesn't show up, maybe wait one more week, then ask your attorney to call the Clerk's office to see if there is something holding it up.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm at 75 days and counting since 341 meeting. Still awaiting chapter 7 discharge. Last activity on pacer was about 10 days ago - reaffirmation of car loan. I'll keep you posted...

Comment

I had an attorney for filing the bankruptcy, but I followed up everything on PACER myself. As soon as the 60 days had passed (I think I gave them an extra day or two), I called the clerk's office myself (it was listed on their website) and asked for an update on my case number. She looked at it and said that she could close it out that day. An hour later when I looked on PACER again, it showed the discharge!
                    341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
                    Last day to object: November 2, 2009
                    Discharged: November 3, 2009
                    Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

Comment

Notes4fr

My 60 days (last day for creditor objection) was yesterday. Today is the 61st day I checked pacer and it was still awaiting discharge. Maybe too early. I guess I'll wait for another week and check again. It took my trustee 8 days to enter in pacer after the 341 hearing the report of no distribution though.

One more thing: on the report of no distribution, the trustee wrote: "... this case delays for 1 month(s)..." What's that supposed to mean? Does it mean the discharge date is delayed for 30 days or what?
                      Last edited by wnguyen; 10-13-2010, 10:20 AM. Reason: need to ask a question
                      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

We filed on 10/26/2010 - What should we be looking for on pacer, someone above talked about finding negative information, where would that be at?
                        Filed: 10/29/2010 341 Meeting: 11/22/2010 Discharge: ?Closed Date: ?

Credit Scores as of 10/29/2010: 456, 468, 472 Open Accounts: None

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have no asset Chapter 7. No objections. I should have been discharged 2 weeks ago. Still nothing. Are they required to do something after a certain amount of time??
                          Last edited by raeka; 11-07-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calco86 View Post
                            We filed on 10/26/2010 - What should we be looking for on pacer, someone above talked about finding negative information, where would that be at?
                            Check out this sticky on how to use PACER: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips

It's a great tool.
                            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Joe, since you are the master guru of Pacer, if I filed last Thursday when should I do my first ever check on Pacer????

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                              Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X