New Median Income Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Median Income Data

The new median income data, for cases filed after November 1, is now available at the US Trustee's website.

My state went down...but only by about $40. A lot of worry for nothing. Thank heavens.
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Great what does this mean for me?

I'm in FL and it went down almost $5000!!

I'm filing mid/late Nov. and I was already over the median by a $5000 before.

There is no way I can file before Oct 31st because I need to catch up on mortgage.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by rjmwx81 View Post
      The new median income data, for cases filed after November 1, is now available at the US Trustee's website.

My state went down...but only by about $40. A lot of worry for nothing. Thank heavens.
      the median income for florida went down $3000 for a family of 2
      glad i filed in sept
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post

There is no way I can file before Oct 31st because I need to catch up on mortgage.
        u will be over by almost $10000 by the time u file

Comment

Fam of 2 in MD went up almost 600!!!!

Comment

Good Golly! $5,000 drop for Florida! Glad I'm filing next week - I'm already $17,000 over median before the decrease!
            Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Ouch. Remember though that the median income is only part of the situation. You might still be able to get a Chapter 7, you just have to go through the whole means test.

Edited to add: It also means your Schedule J will probably get a closer inspection, so be prepared for that.
              This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
                u will be over by almost $10000 by the time u file
                Is this going to have a huge impact on my filing?
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Ouch, glad I filed already. Over 3K drop in CA, I'm over median by almost 17 as it was....would have been over median by 20K. Whew!!
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Is this going to have a huge impact on my filing?
                    That depends on what you would call a huge impact. I see from your post that you were already over the median, so in a practical sense not much has changed for you. You would have had to pass the full means test anyway.

Comment

That depends on what you would call a huge impact. I see from your post that you were already over the median, so in a practical sense not much has changed for you. You would have had to pass the full means test anyway.
                      Yeah I did pass the full means test. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Yeah I did pass the full means test. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
                        Yeah you should be ok then. The people who this really affects are those who would have been below median, but will now be over.

Comment

Reverse my earlier comment. I just went through all the IRS numbers for post Nov 1. The only change was the state median income. All others (food, housing, etc) remained the same.
                          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                            Reverse my earlier comment. I just went through all the IRS numbers for post Nov 1. The only change was the state median income. All others (food, housing, etc) remained the same.
                            Urgh I didn't even think of that Joe! Thanks - running to check now!

Comment

Ouch. Remember though that the median income is only part of the situation. You might still be able to get a Chapter 7, you just have to go through the whole means test.

Edited to add: It also means your Schedule J will probably get a closer inspection, so be prepared for that.
                              how much closer?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X