No announcement yet.

New Median Income Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent an email to my attorney about my case and he said it shouldn't matter too much b/c we will be over the median by $9800, we were over to begin with. I think I'm doing the official means test with him next week sometime. (((((Fingers Crossed)))))
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

This is making many people nervous. Think about it this way. If you were already over the median, now you are a little more. You still pass the means test as those IRS allowances have not changed. Therefore this does not affect you. You already were going to be subject to more scrutiny by being over median anyhow.

If you are under median and this pushes you over median, then you are the ONLY category affected by this. You will have to take the means test itself. Extra work, extra nerves, extra potential confusion. If you pass the means test, then file presuming your Schedules also allow it. I'll again quote my example, over median by 17K, had one time income that was successfully argued off means test, had pending class action proceeds that were exempted as assets, and had over 6K in checking account on day of filing while exempting ony 2.4K because both attorney and landlord did not cash their dumb checks on time. No glitches, nothing, sailed through the 341. Nothing questioned.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by Bkman2 View Post
        Soooooooo glad I converted when I did. Family of 3 in Nevada going down by $7014.00 a year!
        I am over median anyway, but me too. For a family of 3 in GA, the median went down by $5k!
        DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

TX dropped $1725 for a family of 4. We were probably just under *finally* because dh has had less hours at work lately. Now, we're probably *right* over again. Can ANYTHING ever work out for us?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X