top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would someone be willing to look at my Expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlynn275 View Post
    that's what I figured, but good to know for sure! YAY!
    I know, the numbers all start running together, don't they? When filling out my paperwork, I took a lot of steps back, deep breaths, and shook the cobwebs out a few times. Even then, I wasn't sure I had it all on the right line, right form, right life! lol
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

yes! The more I read and try to understand the more confused and jumbled I get!

Comment

The cell phone and Directv may be lowered by the Trustee and the $350 a month medical expenses will most definitely be questioned. You will want to gather your medical receipts (and I am not talking about paperwork proving the deductible, I am talking about actual out of pocket expenses) to prove that you do actually average $350 a month in medical/dental costs. Also, the HSA may not be allowed in addition to the medical/dental expenses. They really should be combined since they are for medical/dental expenses. The 401K loan probably will not be allowed. I didn't have a problem with listing $40 a month for my then 2 cats. But my attorney is also familiar with what the Trustee allowed. The clothes looks a little low, somebody else already posted a link to what the IRS says expenses are. See if your food and clothing are in line with what that says.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
          The cell phone and Directv may be lowered by the Trustee and the $350 a month medical expenses will most definitely be questioned. You will want to gather your medical receipts (and I am not talking about paperwork proving the deductible, I am talking about actual out of pocket expenses) to prove that you do actually average $350 a month in medical/dental costs. Also, the HSA may not be allowed in addition to the medical/dental expenses. They really should be combined since they are for medical/dental expenses. The 401K loan probably will not be allowed. I didn't have a problem with listing $40 a month for my then 2 cats. But my attorney is also familiar with what the Trustee allowed. The clothes looks a little low, somebody else already posted a link to what the IRS says expenses are. See if your food and clothing are in line with what that says.
          ugh, thank you. I do have the receipts from the docs offices so I will add them all up an divide by 12.
          And I don't get why the loan repayment isn't allowed. I took out money (after we bought our house) to get some things we needed, like a new fridge, toilets etc. I can't cancel it now (after 3 years) so it's not like it's optional. grumble grumble.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

**Revised Expense Sheet** (if anyone is still reading this, sorry...I am obsessed)

Take home pay: $3180

Mortgage 1: 1011
            Mortgage 2: 308
            Electric: 200
            Water/sewage: 27
            Phones - home and 2 cells: 180
            trash: 15
            TV: 130
            Home Maintenance: 100 (17 year old home with termites)
            Food (pets, cleaning/beauty products): 550
            clothing: 75
            laundry, dry cleaning: 25
            medical/dental: 250
            transportation: 500
            entertainment: 20 (see TV)
            auto insurance: 80
            Car payment: 390
            HSA: 38.46
            401K loan: 116
            Personal (hair cuts for 2): 30

That's about -$830. Trustee would have to not allow: 2nd mortgage, car payment, 401K loan repayment, $130 of medical/dental and another $70 somewhere (like maybe TV) to put me into a 13. Is that possible? I can't find anywhere else to make up the expenses since I already feel maxed out on everything. Medical/dental is under what I actually average, so I put it in more for food/transportation. I can't believe how hard this is.

Comment

The only controversial items I see on your expenses are your tv. (its a bit high) and your 401k loan. (many districts won't allow this expense).
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

jlynn...i agree with b2school on that...why's your tv $130....i do KNOW it's expensive down here, is your dsl included????
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

crap, I forgot about internet! That's included in the phones...need to put that down!

My TV is high for a few reasons: I can't live without DVR (honestly, I'd give up internet first) and we have 2 boxes and 1 movie channel (temporarily because I'm addicted to Dexter and it's on showtime). It's actually $150, but I put 130 since Showtime is temporary (and only $12). I don't have a whole lot, it's only the middle package but the little stuff adds up I guess. Even the lowest packages is close to $100? How do you get it so cheap? lol

Comment

re Directv.

Ours is $90. I wish it was zero, but DH watches sports. I don't understand how the tt could nix that budget item. We're in a contract with them. I have no choice?
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    8/10 - began researching bk, 9/10 - stopped paying ccs, 10/10 - paid atty fees, 11/10 - filed c7 - over median income , 12/22 - 341, 12/23/ - no distribution

Comment

Some other tweaks:

provision to repair appliances and replace soft goods like linens;
                      money for new roof, a plumber, paint;
                      health needs and dental care that have been postponed to repay creditors;
                      budget for birthdays, Christmas, and some vacation;
                      vehicle repairs, maintenance, & tires;
                      provision for debts surviving the bankruptcy;
                      saving for retirement;
                      sufficient money provided to pay the current year taxes come April;
                      pet grooming and veterinary care
                      There are two secrets for success in life:
                      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by jlynn275 View Post
                        crap, I forgot about internet! That's included in the phones...need to put that down!

My TV is high for a few reasons: I can't live without DVR (honestly, I'd give up internet first) and we have 2 boxes and 1 movie channel (temporarily because I'm addicted to Dexter and it's on showtime). It's actually $150, but I put 130 since Showtime is temporary (and only $12). I don't have a whole lot, it's only the middle package but the little stuff adds up I guess. Even the lowest packages is close to $100? How do you get it so cheap? lol
                        you know...i would call them...we first got all three ...you know that "deal" for $120 with everything from soup to nuts...then when that time period ran out they upped us on everything...so we told them to come and get all their stuff and we are changing companies...they changed their tune and their pricing!!

we have 2 dvrs...no premium channels...long distance and dsl...and we pay $150 per month...and i still think that's HIGH!! but remember that's phone, that dish thingy...AND our dsl....
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You know you can catch a lot of shows free online, including Dexter. I use ch131.com or hulu usually. Alot of the actual channels have full episodes online as well. I got rid of all TV abut 8 months ago, it was a bit hard at first, now saving 80-90 a month is much more attractive than being able to watch TV.

Comment

Originally posted by mrskal View Post
                            You know you can catch a lot of shows free online, including Dexter. I use ch131.com or hulu usually. Alot of the actual channels have full episodes online as well. I got rid of all TV abut 8 months ago, it was a bit hard at first, now saving 80-90 a month is much more attractive than being able to watch TV.
                            ok....i just HAVE to do this...what's a Dexter???? is that a type of channel???

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                              ok....i just HAVE to do this...what's a Dexter???? is that a type of channel???
                              Dexter is a TV show. I think it is on showtime? But you can watch it on ch131.com. They have tons of shows on there, even premium cable ones. I watched about 6or 7 seasons of Weeds online for free, alol in about a week! haha

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
                                Some other tweaks:

provision to repair appliances and replace soft goods like linens;
                                money for new roof, a plumber, paint;
                                health needs and dental care that have been postponed to repay creditors;
                                budget for birthdays, Christmas, and some vacation;
                                vehicle repairs, maintenance, & tires;
                                provision for debts surviving the bankruptcy;
                                saving for retirement;
                                sufficient money provided to pay the current year taxes come April;
                                pet grooming and veterinary care
                                How do you calculate things you can't predict? And they allow expenses for gifts, vacations??? I don't know where to put that I will have to start paying student loans in February? Also, I didn't put what comes out for retirement contributions ($40 a month) because it comes out of my check...which is listed on the income sheet.
                                Last edited by jlynn275; 11-07-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X