top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just left 341 Meeting-Filed Pro Se in MD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just left 341 Meeting-Filed Pro Se in MD.

I am just writing to share my experience. This website has been very helpful so I thought I'd offer anything that I can. I filed Ch 7 without an attorney in the first week of Oct. I filed pro se because I could not afford the attorney and I believed that I was smart enough to do the right research and navigate through the process. I had a no asset case, so the paperwork was pretty straight forward. Because I knew I was going to file for bankruptcy, I purchased an old used car and surrendered my car to creditor about a week after filing. The creditor was a credit union, for which I also had a personal loan, so the car would not have been exempt due to the Cross Collateral clause. So, I just gave the car up on good terms, because I do hope that they can sell the car for a good price to recover their losses (my debt). I am current on my mortgage and submitted the agreement to reaffirm the debt. No word from mortgage lender yet. In MD, one of the requirements was to submit a list of creditors on a cd or floppy disk in a particular format. I submitted a CD with a label that had my name on it. I also printed the list and included with my paperwork.

So, today I had my 341 meeting and I was so nervous. A few had attorneys so I kind of eavesdropped to listen to their advice. They didn't say anything that I hadn't read on this forum. The debtors with attorneys were called first but the process only took about 5-10 minutes/case. When I was called, I was sworn in and the trustee was delighted with my paperwork. He seemed a little shocked and asked me where did I get all of the forms. He did not question any of my exemptions, except the beta fish that was listed as my pet. He thought it was funny, for which I responded the fish died about 2 weeks after I filed.

One thing to note is that the Meeting of Creditors Notice DID NOT ask for my tax returns, paystubs or bank statement. So on a whim, I called the trustee last week (who was quite nice!) and was told to bring them with me. So, definitely be prepared and bring (in MD) last 2 yrs of tax returns, bank statements for month that case was filed and about 4 paystubs. He took a brief look over them and then I was gone. All within 5 minutes!

I hope this helps, even if at least to ease any tension/nervousness.

That was smart to call a week ahead and ask about tax returns, paystubs and bank statements. Congrats on your smooth 341!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Congrats on the 341 and on getting through the paperwork pro se.

I'm still a little afraid to say I did well on ours, since the trustee didn't comment. However, I figured if he'd been concerned, he'd have called us on it that day, right?

Welcome to the 60 day club!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Good job, congrats on the result!
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story. I especially appreciate you sharing because I filed pro se and will have my 341 this Friday. I'm a little nervous, but being on this forum helps to calm my nerves.
          Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

kudo's to you!! sounds like everything went really well...congrats!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats! Sorry about your fish.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I also live in the state of MD. I retained a lawyer and I meet with him tomorrow to sign my petition. The paperwork was intimidating to me and plus I really didnt have the time outside of work and school to complete it. He charged $1000 which you can make in 2 payments, and the $299 seperate fee for the court. I believe they will submit my paperwork to the court by Monday, and then I will be on my way the next step 341 meeting. Thanks again for sharing your experience...

Comment

Very impressive!...sounds like you prepared really well.

Comment

I am in MD myself, meeting with my lawyer Monday to go over my paperwork and then pick a filing date. I have done lots of reading on this form, and it seems that for the most part Maryland trustees tend to be pretty laid back......I know it's a case-by-case, individual trustee to trustee thing, but just my general findings. Now people in Flordia, that's a different story!
                    Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X