Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i send my fed and state refund to the trustee

As stated in the title

This is supposed to be the General Talk forum. Why don't you post this question in the Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 forum? It sounds like you are in Chapter 13 - you do exactly what the Chapter 13 plan confirmation directs you to do. If the trustee is one who goes after tax refunds, it will be so stated in the plan.

Comment

Mod please move to chapter 7...better?

Comment

Originally posted by fatjay View Post
        Mod please move to chapter 7...better?
        Done
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thank you!

Guess the question that Im asking is, do I send my taxes to the court or to the trustee...the trustee asked to be discharged from the case...and yes I can ask my atty (tomorrow) i want the answer now if possible...thanks!

Comment

Unless you were told by your trustee at your 341 to send him the refunds, or received paperwork from him stating the same thing, you most likely are in the clear. You DO need to discuss this with your attorney. That person is the one with the best knowledge of your local district, local rules of court, and your trustee.

Good luck.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi fatjay!

heck, I wouldn't be sending it anywhere except under direct orders.....

Usually people get instructions from the trustee at the 341 on what to do w/ the tax refund. If they didn't say anything and PACER says they want to be off the case.....hmmmm.....I'd bank it and wait.

Non-BK, but kinda applicable; years ago the IRS sent me ~7K in error. I tried to get them to correct the error and take it back but they told me they don't make mistakes. I kept that 7K in the bank but for years I was afraid to spend it.

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

My atty told me to send it and the trustee may have....it all happened so fast I cant remember....but my atty said to...so I am...also, the answer was send to your trustee...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X