top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authorized user only-but showing on credit report!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authorized user only-but showing on credit report!!!!!!

Ummmm.....is this going to be an issue when I file? I recently became an authorized user on my roommate's 2 credit cards. No personal information (besides my name) was given to either credit card company. HOWEVER, I just now got my free credit report and BOTH accounts are coming up under MY credit report! How is this even possible? I never gave them my social security number EVER. When I file is this going to affect his credit since these accounts are under his name? BTW-BOTH companies are the same as some of the companies I have defaulted on and are currently under collections. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Contrary to popular believe, credit is not just tracked by social security number. It's tracked by name and address more than it is SSN. And once they have successfully tied you to a credit profile, it will follow you. Trust me, they have addresses for me from 30 years ago! Very scary stuff. And, they cross-linked my brother's accounts once because we had the same address. That was a big mess.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This is not looked at as your debt. Yes, it shows on your credit report, but looked at differently. You can call most companies and asked to be removed as an authorized user though. Goodluck with your BK

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X