CC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC question

It dawned on me today that we didn't have 90 days between using our CC for the last time and filing. Filing, for us, was a very quick decision. We didn't agonize and think about it for a long time. It was more like 45 days. We had stopped using them before we even talked with the attorney, but I was wondering what the trustee would make out of this. None of the charges were huge and nothing that we hadn't used them for before.

Thoughts?

If you were using them to stay alive (no major purchases, no electronics, no luxury items) within the 90 days... no one cares. It is really the creditors that would complain. Most of them don't if you were still paying as well, and the purchases are for "living" expenses (since those are generally ignored in determining whether you were abusing the credit).

It is what it is at this point.

I would not worry about it. If you did have large purchases and it was for "luxury" items (generally things over $750 in value)... you'll probably get a complaint the the creditor. So, what did you use the card(s) for?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

2 charges to Sam's club for about $200 each (we have 7 children) and about $50 for homeschooling books.

Comment

I'm relatively sure that would not raise an eyebrow.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. Ours was a quick decision as well and used up until about 3 weeks before we filed....general food & clothing expenses, no charge over like $150
          Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
          341 scheduled 4/18/11
          DISCHARGED 6/20/11

Comment

Welcome confusedinok! We homeschool in KS.
            Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
            Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Agree that you don't need to worry. Also, we homeschool in CA.
              There are two secrets for success in life:
              1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

I must have deleted the rest of my message. I had put I certainly wouldn't worry about those small purchases. They are very unlikely to bat an eye at those. Awesome debee
                Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Just had to chime in: we homeschool too!

Lala
                  This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
                  Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Ok, I feel better about it. Great to know there are several homeschoolers on the board!

Comment

Agree - likely not an issue at all. Even if there were an issue, you would only be on the hook for the amount in question, and not the entire balance of the credit card(s).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X