15 Days and Counting - Nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 Days and Counting - Nervous!

Well, only 15 days left for objections. Ironically, this is the most nervous I believe I have been through the whole process.

Most of the cc's have listed Bk in my credit report except....the one I have been worried about, they arent' reporting one single word. Make me real nervous they will file a last minute AP over the large BT back in 12/09. Sure I would win as no fraud, lots of payments and then waited well over a year to file, yet still sweating.

Oh well, nothing to be done except watch PACER for action I guess!

Just doing a bit of venting I suppose......LOL!
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Im in the waiting period also...bout 25 days left for me....I do have a couple of questionable charges I was/am worried about. But, from what I ve read here and elsewhere that MOST of the time these things start out with a "scare" letter to your attorney...and if you think they must allow for time after that letter for us to respond yes or no etc...and still FILE the objection, I would think I would have rec'd those letters by now if they were going to come. SO, I take that as a good sign.

On the other hand, there is no REQUIREMENT that they send a letter first...they could just file the AP! So, until its over it aint over! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sh9730 View Post
      Im in the waiting period also...bout 25 days left for me....I do have a couple of questionable charges I was/am worried about. But, from what I ve read here and elsewhere that MOST of the time these things start out with a "scare" letter to your attorney...and if you think they must allow for time after that letter for us to respond yes or no etc...and still FILE the objection, I would think I would have rec'd those letters by now if they were going to come. SO, I take that as a good sign.

On the other hand, there is no REQUIREMENT that they send a letter first...they could just file the AP! So, until its over it aint over! LOL
      Ain't that the truth!!!!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11

Comment

I would not worry at all. If the creditor was going to file a complaint, they would already have been threatening you with such fact. The only entity that files last minute without warning... is usually the United States Trustee. Even in that case, you would have already been put on notice that the UST is "interested" in the case.

A balance transfer from 12/2009... is apparently no even worth the effort to write a letter threatening an adversary proceeding and offering a settlement.

Relax. Your day shall come soon!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging word JB. I know I am probably worrying for nothing as they really don't have any grounds except it was a really big BT. In my favor, I always paid them off with other BTs over 25 years of having the card but never really did such a big one!
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X