Letter from Trustee....after initial filing...questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from Trustee....after initial filing...questions

So, we filed our ch7 8/16. Recieved a routine letter from Trustee asking for tax returns, bank statement and whatnot. One part specifies that if we had $1000. or more in cash withdrawls, we needed to provide reciepts. I do have some withdrawls for that and more. Each time it was to take and deposit it into another account and then request a cashiers check for the rent. I have no problem showing that. But, I did also give some cash to my 16 yr old son for an out of town youth group trip as well as I gave some cash the kids to go to the mall and buy some school clothes and whatnot. Is this going to be very difficult to account for to the trustee? We are maybe talking a few hundred dollars that I do NOT have reciepts for? Thoughts?

Unless those amounts were over $1,000, then you don't have to prove anything. The Trustee is trying to see if you're hiding money... that's it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
      So, we filed our ch7 8/16. Recieved a routine letter from Trustee asking for tax returns, bank statement and whatnot. One part specifies that if we had $1000. or more in cash withdrawls, we needed to provide reciepts. I do have some withdrawls for that and more. Each time it was to take and deposit it into another account and then request a cashiers check for the rent. I have no problem showing that. But, I did also give some cash to my 16 yr old son for an out of town youth group trip as well as I gave some cash the kids to go to the mall and buy some school clothes and whatnot. Is this going to be very difficult to account for to the trustee? We are maybe talking a few hundred dollars that I do NOT have reciepts for? Thoughts?
      Depending on how much is a "few". You may. Are you pro se? This is an important question for your lawyer. In fact, I would think your Trustee would never write to you but your lawyer. Perhaps your district is different. I would avoid direct contact with him if you have a lawyer.

Small amounts with an explanation should be adequate. Something above sever hundred per child and occasion might ring a bell. I assume you have not had your 341 at this time. Remember you will be sworn under oath so be accurate. Don't cross big brother. BK Court is kind unless crossed. Not to say you are at all, but be represented in this case. "hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Unless those amounts were over $1,000, then you don't have to prove anything. The Trustee is trying to see if you're hiding money... that's it.
        Man your fast JB. How goes it? 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Man your fast JB. How goes it? 'Hub
          But I like your more thorough answer! I'm doing well... ran north to avoid Irene and she found me! Just got electricity back on.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! Ok, so I went over the bank statements. The letter from the Trustee states ANY withdrawls amounting to $1k or over would be subject to further investigating(so to speak). So I did have a withdrawl within 30 days of filing, of $1560.00. Like I said earlier, I deposited that money minus $60. into my other account. After reviewing all of this I realized I can account for all of it. I do have a $300. withdrawl earlier in the month and that IS the money in which I gave my son. Worse case, if I can't show proof, I hand the trustee $300. So, yes, to answer another's question, even though we do have an attorney, the trustee sends us a checklist and we have to mail the requested docs prior to our 341 meeting. I appreciate the responses....even though our case should be smooth, I still worry and get a little stressed out. The good news in all of this, my hubby has a great job now.....

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              But I like your more thorough answer! I'm doing well... ran north to avoid Irene and she found me! Just got electricity back on.
              Wow, glad you are ok though!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X