top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they work around your schedule for 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they work around your schedule for 341?

Hey,

I was just wondering if the court will work around your schedule for the 341 meeting, or will they assign a time and you must be there even if you have college?

They do not work around your schedule. You would need a really good cause to have the date moved. Think of good cause as being deployed for military reasons or you are in the hospital. The need to go to work or school is not valid cause.

The 341 Meetings are generally during business hours Monday through Friday excluding holidays. You will have at least 30 days notice of when your meeting will be held.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I could also add a third reason to justbroke's list: "you are DEAD."
      That is a joke, but not really--it is a warning: if you do not show up at your 341, your case will be dismissed. I have seen it happen.

And while we're on the subject--for others reading this thread--do NOT plan on bringing your minor children with you. Make arrangements for them.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Nope...they send you your 341 appointment time in the mail...so you better be there! We lucked out it happens to be on my husband's day off!

Comment

They don't care about your schedule. Show up for your scheduled time, unless you are dead.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X