finally retained attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally retained attorney

Put down some cash to retain attorney. Will pay the rest by the end of the month and file then. So at least when my cell starts ringing with collection calls I can give them my attorney information and relax.

Still anxious about how easy this will be. My attorney assured me that my case is simple and straightforward. But after all the other stuff I've been thru the last 2 years....its hard to believe in anything right now.

I feel better knowing I have legal representation and the knowledgeable folks on this group to lean in.

I hope I'm on my way to my fresh start.....that I need so badly! I just want my life back!

No questions....just looking for some hand holding....a hug or two! This is very stressful for me. But not as stressful as trying to figure out how to pay and pay and pay every month! So I'll try to look at it from that perspective.

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

(((hugs)))
    You are going to be just fine. Nice hot bath, nice mug of tea, hopefully some fun distractions over the weekend or even just a good book. Watch a funny movie or read a funny book if you can't get out. Playing a funny game like Charades or Balderdash if you can dig up a coupla like-minded folks works well too. If you lived just a few states closer I'd have you over for one. Laughing is a great stress buster.

In a short while we'll break out the virtual hard stuff and drink a few shots to celebrate your NEW LIFE.
    (((more hugs)))

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

congrats on the beginning of your new start!!!

best of luck to you and get that paperwork together
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks so much both of you. I appreciate the hugs and encouragement.

I already picked up some DVDs from the library in anticipation. Hopefully Johnny Depp and Matt Damon will be able distract me.

Its hard to just wait this all out. after the 341, that 60 days is going to drag! That's the part I dread.....the waiting!

The 60 days is just to give the creditors time to file objections right?? So if I haven't used the cards for balance transfers, cash advances or luxury items in over a year, I have nothing to stress over.. am I understanding that correctly? I only used them this year for necessities. I cut way back on everything. I've actually charged less this last year than when I was married.

I charged a TV in May 2010. But paid ever since. I was even paying over the minimums then. I only stopped paying this month. I kept current until I just couldn't do it anymore.

On a side note .....I am so sick of eating Ramen noodles for dinner. My cat eats better than I do!

Keep on smiling....I love your avatar!

Comment

Yeah, those of ... shall we say... a certain age.... can appreciate my avatar. Especially if you have a black light kicking around the basement somewhere...
          Just think, right about the time your 60 days are up, spring will be just getting underway. How powerful is that-- all kinds of new beginnings!

Your TV is a non-starter, don't even go there. If they kick up stink, come here and we'll all laugh about how the cats peed all over it and the dog chewed off the knobs.

Go buy yourself a steak for dinner and let the cats have the cheap stuff tonight. We'll spend the winter snuggled up by the computer keeping each other sane.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Oh I can appreciate the avatar and the black light! LOL!

Middle 50's, broke and divorced. Husband of 17 years, one day decided he didn't want to be married. Walked out, said he couldn't care about me anymore....not didn't care...couldn't. Said he had cancer and wanted to live! Turned out, didn't have cancer. Had a girlfriend and a crack habit....but I didn't find that out until I went thru his things looking for clues.

Left me with 20K in debt. Walked away after I carried him on my back for years. It took me months just to wrap my mind around about that.

I bought the TV with a regular credit card, that already had a 3k balance on. I paid $100 a month on the credit card for 17 months. Never missed. Lawyer said they can't take it. Paid $1,000.00 for it in May 2010. Lawyer said value it at $700.00. I don't have possessions no where near the aggregate value exempted in Ohio.

Usually I am a calm person but filing BK is stressful for me. Maybe sending me back to the divorce, emotionally.

I bounce back well. I'll be fine. But I'm so very glad to have found this site. So many nice people hang out here!

Love to all of you! Help me thru this. I wont forget it!

Comment

ana?

A tub of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food makes Matt Damon look even HOTTER. Just sayin'

Hang in there - you've got all of us now!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Ice cream does help! I'll pick some up.

Thanks so much for the chuckle!

Comment

anafan, I'm going for the steak!

The TV is NO problem - man, i will tell you - one thing (and there are many things I love about this forum) but one thing is true - people here UNDERSTAND what you're going through - and you will come out on the other side, and be better off for it!!!

(Mashed garlic potatoes - with a bit of cheese in it too...)

Comment

Okay, now you're making me hungry!

I know you've all been thru the same wringer. I appreciate all the hand holding!

Sheesh! And I haven't even filed yet!

;)

Comment

Hi ana.....hugs from the left side of the country. (i guess- unless you are visiting Santa and lookin south) LOL
                      I sure know where you are comin from. Went thru that divorce stuff 10 yrs ago. Didn't know a person could "hurt" that much and still live.

We are ALL here for you. This is the most awesome family.

Agree with all on the tv....think 700. still might be high. It's amazing how quickly those become obsolete.
                      I had a 42" tv that was 4 yrs old that i had paid 1600. cash (Nooooo, i know i was crazy).. My atty said 300 @ most.

keepsmiling...love the hand holding.
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

My TV is a 46" LED. But the first generation LED. Not one of the thin ones. Doesn't hook up to the internet, no 3d. No surround sound either.

You know how Best Buy knocks down the prices on discontinued models around Christmas? Its one of those.
                        I just said it was worth $700 because I have nothing else that's worth anything besides my 2006 Malibu. I thought if I wrote I have a bunch of clothes I've worn for 5 years, a 20 year couch and bedroom suite I bought at an estate sale 30 years ago for $300, they'd think....how you rack up all this debt? And think I was hiding assets.

Could be a sign I'm over thinking this.

Comment

Oregonpilot!

I love your avatar! He, or she looks like my boy Leo.

Comment

Thanks ...she ....Sqeak...is my feral baby. I can go around the house calling...sqeak, sqeak ....my dh says. you know i can fix that problem with WD40. LOL
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X