Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reciepts

I have a question about receipts.

Over the 90 days worth of bank statements I withdrew $100 - $200 on alternate weeks. I get paid biweekly. So those withdrawals were on off pay weeks. I used the money to buy groceries, clothes for my mom who is in a nursing home (from a thrift shop, coz the nursing home "loses" her clothes all the time).

I also withdrew $450, and $500 in August to buy a mattress and box spring. A chair at a yard sale, curtains. Stuff like that.

I paid cash. I didn't think to keep receipts. I wasn't filing bk. Denial is ME! I couldn't see the forest for the trees!

Anyway....my attorney isn't concerned about it. Says I am 10k under the median. My expenses look good.

Still worried about this issue. I wrote out what I bought....tried to remember where I bought them.

Is this a problem? My attorney says no. I am just afraid this hoses my chapter 7 filing.

Is my documentation enough. Will trustee accept my word? It was my money. I did have a savings before the hubby left. Its gone now...except for bk filing fee and attorney fees!

Help!

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

Not an issue at all - now if you had withdrawn a few grand right before filing, that might cause concern. I wasn't asked for one receipt and I withdrew cash a lot
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Listen to your attorney. Relax.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Easier said than done. I think I'm recycling worries now. Plus since the divorce I have major trust issues...and money worries are compounding that.

My attorney said he wishes all his cases were as simple as mine. But to me, its not. It feels like my life is on the line.

I never keep receipts! If I use my debit card, I wait for my bank statement to verify and it goes in the trash. I don't like alot of clutter.

I have a small 1 bedroom apartment. If I kept every receipt for months....

Who does that anyway? Keeps receipts for every cash purchase. I'd keep it for electronics or something. But groceries and stretchy pants for my mom?? Really??

Comment

Ohh ana....you gotta reeeeelax. I know it is a hard thing to do. This is a lady who can say do as i say and not as I did. LOL

I think your receipt thing is a No Worry. I had a few cash withdraws for about the same amts and it was never a prob & was never asked for one receipt. Was doing the same thing. Payin cash for everything so the cash had to come from somewhere.
          Please Please try and let your atty do the worrying for you and it looks like he knows you don't have anything to worry about otherwise you may drive yourself bonkers B4 it is all over.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Oh, Bonkerville! I'm the mayor of Bonkerville!

I know I need to relax. I feel calm about things for awhile and then it spins out if control for me.

After the divorce I was seeing a psych for depression. But my job changed insurance companies, the copay went up. The dr. I was seeing was no longer in our network. So I stopped going. Got off the meds that didn't really help anyway. I don't want to go to another dr. and have to tell the whole sordid story of my life all over again.

Once I get this over with and get back on my feet I might go to a dr. Or maybe getting this bk taken care of will "cure" me.

The trust thing is holding me back. I believed so much in my husband and he totally took advantage if my trust.

So my attorney says don't worry, this case is a piece of cake...doesn't stop me from worrying.

But I trust the folks on this site. I know you have been thru it all. Weird huh?

Comment

nope...not weird at all. I remember days i would be thinking ..ok this is gonna be fine then the next moment ohhh my life is over.
              We must have been co-mayors of bonkerville. Sorry i didn't see you there.
              I went thru the divorce thing a bit over 10 yrs ago.Thought i would never be "normal" ever again...whatever normal is.
              My profile pic is from my wedding last yr. It really does get better...and this from the 60 yr old lady.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

A pyschiatrist will not be able to help you with trust issues. He is merely there to monitor your medications. You need to see a therapist to deal with your trust concerns and also your obsessive thinking.

There are mental health services available free or reduced cost if you are struggling financially. Get yourself healthy.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Well, I answered your other thread - basically unless you pulled out a couple grand from your account right before filing, you are fine. I took cash out a lot and wasn't asked for one receipt, or questioned at all.
                  Jessica
                  Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                  Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Catastrophic thinking is a typical symptom of Obsessive Complusive Disorder. Your fears of this process would most likely qualify as catastrpohic thinking. The problem is no matter how many times you come here looking for answers, you'll never defeat the thinking without medications and therapy.

Comment

I think it's normal to stress over every little detail of a bk, especially if you are going it alone.

And ya know, I have a large shoe box of receipts for a year and a half already. I'm dying for someone to ask me for them just to see the look on their face when I hand them a 2 foot pile of them..... if nothing else, I figure I can use them for budgeting. But I do understand not wanting to save them. I don't want to, believe me... I spent half my life moving stacks of paper from one location to another lol.

Anyway, ana.... you know what we say here... relax.....BREATHE.... your little bit of dough is NOT enough to interest the tt. I only worry about ours cuz we are self employed and I want them to see our (non existent) cash flow. All nickel and dime stuff, too. Whatever. At least I have it all in one place, which for me, is very good.

Your 341 is going to be a breeze, in and out. Just steel yourself for when you are asked "why are you filing?" so you can get thru the story about the ex.
                      Try to get outside and walk and clear your head whenever possible. Hot baths and a soothing mug of chamomile tea are good too. And of course, our virtual shots. Ready? Down the hatch!

There are support groups out there for women as well- here in NJ they are called Women for Women or Women Helping Women. Maybe you have something similar there? Ask around.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I was in therapy for over a year and a half. She sent me to the psych for depression

I am not OCD. I have GAD. Generalized anxiety disorder.

After I get a little money saved I plan on going back.

Just because I posted a few "help me" posts, doesn't mean I'm obsessive. Its normal to be stressed when going thru emotional abuse, divorce, lost a friend to cancer....now bankruptcy. In the space of 18 months.

Not to mention the dragging out of the end of my marriage when I found out my husband had an 8 year old son while putting his socks away in his drawer. We had just celebrated our 17th anniversary.

Then when he left I found evidence of his crack addiction. All surprises to me.

Taking into account my childhood and another past physically abusive relationship ......I think I'm doing pretty good.

Don't assume by a few posts that you know the whole story. I've been thru hell. And I've come out.

And I've also been diagnosed. I know what to do to help myself emotionally. I just never went thru bk before.

Comment

Obsession is a symptom of GAD. Just trying to help, not judge.

Comment

Thanks Jess!

I turned all my stuff over to the attorney yesterday and asked about receipts. The paralegal said the same thing you said. I'd have to have withdrawn more money than I even had.

So I'm looking at filing next week after my check to the attorney clears.

Appreciate your help! Thanks.

Comment

We're all obsessed with our bk's. It's a major fricking life event.
                              BREATHE.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X