No announcement yet.

reciepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCD is compulsive repetitive actions. Washing your hands over and over again. Obsessive counting etc.

I know you aren't judging. Just wanted you to know that I know I have a problem. I've sought help. I am coping. But venting on the internet doesn't mean I'm obsessive. I've been living my life.

Most people who have been thru as much life changing events in the short amount of time as I have would be fearful of filing bankruptcy. Admit it....weren't you a little fearful?

Tone doesn't translate well on the internet.

I appreciate your help and input.

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
      We're all obsessed with our bk's. It's a major fricking life event.
      BREATHE.
      I'm not obsessed. We are 17 days post 341 meeting. Nothing has been a problem.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Keepsmiling...

Breathing alot easier now, since I handed everything over to the attorney.

This weekend I'm going swimming at Bally's. Always works for me. Can't wait to wear myself out in the pool!

Comment

Originally posted by anafan View Post
          OCD is compulsive repetitive actions. Washing your hands over and over again. Obsessive counting etc.

I know you aren't judging. Just wanted you to know that I know I have a problem. I've sought help. I am coping. But venting on the internet doesn't mean I'm obsessive. I've been living my life.

Most people who have been thru as much life changing events in the short amount of time as I have would be fearful of filing bankruptcy. Admit it....weren't you a little fearful?

Tone doesn't translate well on the internet.

I appreciate your help and input.
          OCD is not all repetitive behaviors. It includes obsessive thinking. I don't want to argue this. My point to you all along was to try to relax, everything will be alright. I thought if you recognized your fears were mental health issues not bankruptcy issues then you might try relaxing more.

I hope the best for you. I really do.

Actually, I was fearful until I spoke to an attorney. Then I realized this process isn't that daunting.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Annifan, please don't double post. It confuses people and you get no more response than one. Perhaps a Mod will combine your threads. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I didn't mean to. I was using my cell to post and the screen froze up. I rebooted my cell and
              posted again. But I guess the original post got thru.

Sorry about that!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                Annifan, please don't double post. It confuses people and you get no more response than one. Perhaps a Mod will combine your threads. 'Hub
                I combined them. Thanks, Hub!

Originally posted by anafan View Post
                I didn't mean to. I was using my cell to post and the screen froze up. I rebooted my cell and
                posted again. But I guess the original post got thru.

Sorry about that!
                We'll forgive you... this time.

Actually, there seems to be an occassional bug on this board. Sometimes when I post, the new page never resolves, but if I close that window and open the thread again, my post is there. So, always check before reposting.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  I thought if you recognized your fears were mental health issues not bankruptcy issues then you might try relaxing more.
                  It is absolutely a trait of someone that has GAD to have these feelings but it's also a trait of someone filing BK as well. It's great that you didn't obsess about your BK but that doesn't mean those that do have obsessive compulsive disorder. My daughter actually is doing her dissertation on OCD. With everything that anafan has been through I think she is doing great! I had a similar experience with my ex and when you think that you absolutely know someone inside and out and all of a sudden you get hit upside the head *figuratively* you tend to over think things and expect the worse outcome. If you think therapy would help by all means you should go. No shame in that. I wouldn't attempt to diagnose a mental illness on a forum unless I was a licensed Psychiatrist and I was on a mental health forum.
                  Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X