Can I send creditor filing notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I send creditor filing notice?

I found some creditors I left off when I filed. 341 meeting not until 3/14. Can I just send them a copy of the filing BK notice or do I need to pay the lawyer the $150 to ammend? If I just send it will they still be discharged? I have a Chapter 7 no asset case. These creditors afre medical bills.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have to try and include all creditors in your filing. So, most likely you will have to pay your lawyer to or somehow or other "officially" ammend your petition.

Comment

You should amend your petition even if those debts would be discharged without the amendment. $150 is a small price to pay to not have to worry about convincing creditors later that the debt was discharged. You could wind up in court over the issue. Also, the trustee will ask at your 341 if your petition is accurate and complete. You will have to say no and the trustee will probably insist that you amend it anyway.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You should amend your petition even if those debts would be discharged without the amendment. $150 is a small price to pay
        That is for sure. :-) I had to pay $250 to ammend one creditor I had forgotten.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I made the appointment with the lawyer to make the ammendment.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X