top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best site to pull credits reports post CH7 BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best site to pull credits reports post CH7 BK?

Hi all,
    Now that our CH7 is discharged (12/6/11), I want to pull our credit reports to make sure everything is correct. My problem is it seems like every website I try to use wants me to sign up for a "free" trial membership for credit monitoring. I do NOT like trial memberships in general if I can avoid them. I even went directly to Experian's website and same thing...7 day trial to get the report. I also tried creditkarma.com but they don't seem to actually provide the report, just a type of snapshot of your credit.

If anyone knows of a good website to just pull a basic report without the credit monitoring extras, please let me know. Thanks!!

This site gathers your information and then takes you to each of the 3 credit reporting agency web sites to download your free annual reports. You don't have to get any trial membership or enter any credit card information to get the reports. You could also go to each agency's website: transunion.com, equifax.com and experian.com

ETA: I was just checking Experian thinking there must be a way to get your credit report without getting their trial membership that they don't make easy to find. But I guess you can't do that anymore. They just give you a link to annualcreditreport.com. Might be the same for all 3 agencies. It didnt' used to be that way.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 02-29-2012, 11:06 AM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR posted the site for getting your free annual reports.

If you want to monitor your reports - and frequently be able to access updated versions, the best $ I've found is EliminateTheftID. You can get a self + spouse subscription to MyPrivacyMatters for $15.95/mo. It gives you access to all 3 reports, and you can refresh as often as every 24 hours. Just keep in mind the 'scores' are not anything to rely on. You can't get free (or even cheap) FICO scores unless you perhaps apply for a mortgage.
      ~Staci
      Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

EliminateTheftID no log in info sent.

I joined them 2 days ago and still no email with log in information.

Comment

When I signed up, it said it would take 2 days. I think I got the email w/ log in information right around 48 hours after I signed up.

Originally posted by jeff6898 View Post
          I joined them 2 days ago and still no email with log in information.
          ~Staci
          Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Ok thats good. I just got to be patient lol.

Originally posted by SMinGA2 View Post
            When I signed up, it said it would take 2 days. I think I got the email w/ log in information right around 48 hours after I signed up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X