what does " Notice of hearing" mean ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does " Notice of hearing" mean ?

Hello everyone ~ Hope everyone is doing well these days.. Like my title say's.. What does "Notice of Hearing" mean ?? I got a letter via snail mail from Wells Fargo Attorney's office telling me that on May 3, 2012 there's a court date. Do I need to attend this meeting ? I've been out of my bk now for a few years... (Best thing I ever could've done, I tell ya, living stress free is priceless !)

RainMom
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

call them and ask

do you owe them anything?

Comment

Is the hearing in BK court or another court? Did Wells Fargo sue you? Do you have a mortgage with them and this is a notice of a foreclosure hearing? Usually, a notice of hearing says what kind of hearing it is.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

My Bk case was discharged on 12/23/2009 I included my house, so I don't owe Wells fargo anything. Lady.. the meeting is not taking place in a BK court hearing. It's being held at the Circuit Court of the county I live in. "General Civil division". The following matter is : SUMMARY JUDGEMENT of FORECLOSURE and award of Attorney Fees.. I still don't understand what all this means.. The only thing I can think of is that it's the sheriff's sale date ??
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

I'd just like to Thank Tobee for answering my question ! ! Years ago when I was on my Bk journey, thie site was sooo helpfull. I could post a question and within a few mins a nice person would chime in and give me an answer or a site as to where I could find my answer.. Now it seems like no one is willing to help.. That's so sad and not just for me, but for the ones who are out there going threw what ALL of us have gone threw at one time or another. Good luck to all of you and I wish you the very best..

p.s. There is LIFE after BK
          Filed on 7-17-09
          waiting for 341
          341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
            I'd just like to Thank Tobee for answering my question ! ! Years ago when I was on my Bk journey, thie site was sooo helpfull. I could post a question and within a few mins a nice person would chime in and give me an answer or a site as to where I could find my answer.. Now it seems like no one is willing to help.. That's so sad and not just for me, but for the ones who are out there going threw what ALL of us have gone threw at one time or another. Good luck to all of you and I wish you the very best..
            p.s. There is LIFE after BK
            RainMoM, first, congrats on your new life after BK!

As far as responses, I've also noticed a slowdown, and some of the experts are not chiming in. But something to be aware of is that many of our experts are also involved in tax preparation (CPA, tax attorney, etc.) and April 16th is almost on them! I have friends who are CPAs, and right now they're working 80 hour weeks. So I suspect the slow response is due to their day job workloads.

As far as your situation... I am not a BK expert, but I'll be glad to offer my opinion and be a sounding board. You said you discharged the mortgage in your bankruptcy, meaning you turned the house over to Wells Fargo, right? And you received the notice by snail mail, not by certified mail or a process server.

With this in mind, I believe you are right in that WF is finally moving forward with the sheriff sale and foreclosure. WF still has to follow the process, which means notice of sale, sheriff sale, foreclosure proceeding, etc. I don't know Florida, so I don't know if there is anything here that will harm you or help you.

But as RG and LITR both ask: have you called Wells Fargo? And would you be willing to quote the letter to us?

Comment

Hello Slingerland ~
              You know, I never even thought about it being tax time, glad to hear people are getting some hours in, but 80 a week Phew that's a bit much ! I'd be happy to explain what the letter says.. First let me start by saying its not in a bk court, its taking place at our county courthouse, Wells fargo Planintiff Vs. Myself and my husband, our Association village, and any unknown occupants. You will please take notice that on the 3ard day of May,2012 @ 9:00 am at the county courthouse a hearing will be held on the following matter : SUMMARY JUDGEMENT OF FORCLOSURE and AWARD OF ATTORNEY FEES. time scheduled 5 minutes, plaintiffs will appear via telephone .

That sums it up LOL What Tobee was telling me is that since I've included the house in Bk I owe Wells fargo nothing and this is pretty much the next next to go ahead and forclosure on the home.. My main concern is, how many more court dates will they have untill this is all said and done, like, name taken of the deed, ect ect.. ????
              hope this helps a bit
              Filed on 7-17-09
              waiting for 341
              341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

RM, what you added is perfect. As far as how many more dates... who knows? Florida is pretty backed up... but at least your case is moving forward! There are other people here who still have houses in their name years after a C-7, and can't buy a new house in the meantime.

Comment

I didn't stay in mine.. I left my house BEFORE I filed Chapter 7 .. Yea now I kinda wish I'd stayed and saved money along the way but a part of me just wanted to move out and move on.. Florida is so slow on everything here, except for people on the road LOL they tend to drive so damn fast here Thank u for your input I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as to how it all goes !
                  Filed on 7-17-09
                  waiting for 341
                  341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

Sounds like just a routine part of the foreclosure process. Florida is a judicial foreclosure state, so at some point there is a token hearing, and they are letting you know that is about to happen. Since you walked away, there is nothing you need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                      Sounds like just a routine part of the foreclosure process. Florida is a judicial foreclosure state, so at some point there is a token hearing, and they are letting you know that is about to happen. Since you walked away, there is nothing you need to do.
                      Sounds good to me Thank you !
                      Filed on 7-17-09
                      waiting for 341
                      341 meeting 8-21-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X